Food hoarding?

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Something that we need to remember is that the citizens are much more powerful than the authorities and the law enforcement people. We outnumber them about 1,000 to 1 or more. The authorities WANT you to believe that they can come in and take away your things. That just ain't so!

"A well armed militia" is a good thing. And that is exactly what our forefathers had in mind when they said that in our constitution. This was meant to be a guard against a run-away government. We should all remember this in a time of emergency.

Another thing that we should do is to preach to our relatives and friends in the military and to our state and local law enforcement officers that they too are citizens just like us. And that they should turn their weapons on their superiors if the order is given to attack the citizens.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Some of you sound like you live in Northen Idaho.

What is hoarding? Is it putting up a supply of food to last you though emergencies like disasters or being out of a job?

Or is it stashing away a large supply of something that is likely to be in short supply during disasters or rationing like we had during WW 2?

I think hoardiing is more along the lines of the second choice. Having much more sugar or booze that a family would reasonably use in a 2 year period.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
Some of you sound like you live in Northen Idaho.

What is hoarding? Is it putting up a supply of food to last you though emergencies like disasters or being out of a job?

Or is it stashing away a large supply of something that is likely to be in short supply during disasters or rationing like we had during WW 2?

I think hoardiing is more along the lines of the second choice. Having much more sugar or booze that a family would reasonably use in a 2 year period.
To me, hoarding is a mental disease whereas stockpiling is where you actually eat what you store and store what you eat.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ahhhh so many ways people can use and interpret the word hoarding. :lol: :gig

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
Ahhhh so many ways people can use and interpret the word hoarding. :lol: :gig
:D
Hoarding makes me think of that reality show Hoarders.

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
OT
BB - how's your weather up there these days? Back in '96 I almost bought a place in Talkeetna just up the road from you. Across the road from the airport right on the spur. I absolutely love that area.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Boogity said:
OT
BB - how's your weather up there these days? Back in '96 I almost bought a place in Talkeetna just up the road from you. Across the road from the airport right on the spur. I absolutely love that area.
We are back to the cooler and wetter weather that was experienced in the 80s.
We very much see the 21 year weather cycle up here. Far more then in other areas.
Alaska is Alaska :)

Wow, if had bought that, you would love all the new changes around there. A new bakery/cafe has gone in. Wood fired pizza and breads. Super yummy gluten free options galore as well!