Food prices June 2021

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses home raised is the best! I finish our our pigs on soured corn, the meat is wonderful. I also feed the CCX on fermented feed. Customers love the meat, it has flavor and is juicy. I haven't bought store chicken in YEARS, so i can't even compare. LOL My son doesn't like much chicken, but when he does want chicken, he wants real chicken, not bloated CCX. So when I have a batch of chicks hatch out, I always put back a few roosters for him. I won't have any this year, no rooster.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our pigs don’t stink and we have 3 big ones right now. The pen is big enough that they can have a potty corner. We used a 200’ roll of wire, plus a 12’ gate, plus their shelter that is 12’X12’. They have plenty of room, shade trees and are deep bedded with hay.
@Britesea you could probably raise a pig with not a lot of smell. Even if it did smell a little, just tell yourself that is the smell of delicious MEAT! LOL LOL

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Butter and cream cheese prices are almost double what they used to be. Milk has only gone up a little. All the meat prices are stupid high, but sometimes I see salmon and boneless chicken breast for close to what they used to be. Pork shoulder roast used to be cheap, and it’s still cheaper, but twice what it used to be.

Gone are the days when I could get lemons, limes, pears, peaches and nectarines on sale for 99 cents a pound. Now when they go on sale, they cost more than what the previous regular price was. Their “not on sale” prices now are ridiculous.

Last edited:

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My property taxes went down. From $7045 to $6936. Good thing since I'll need any extra money to be able to pay the insurance, which renews in April. UGH to what I anticipate it is going to be...

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes @flowerbug inflation goes up, people are upset and then it slowly sifts down, but NEVER back to the price it was before. Never.
Rinse repeat. And we wind up with higher prices than before the latest economic cycle.

I remember gasoline for 15 CENTS and a gas war was when opposing gas stations on opposite corners lowered their prices, not bombs and destruction.

My parents made less than a thousand dollars a month and we lived well. When I was in High School in early 1970’s, the fanciest pickup truck that Ford made was less than $5,000. My son just bought a brand new XLT Ford dually, just above base model, for $93,000.

So I don’t need to be told to budget, invest, shop smart and be selective. Been there, done that. Still do. Things are getting priced out of reach for me and millions of other people in this country. No amount of budgeting and investment can keep up with galloping inflation.

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
What??? I just checked my WalMart and they are showing the same price as you. It has got to be a misprint.

At Kroger's, the boneless Pork half loin is $1.47 lb.