For REAL!??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
Homesteadmom said:
Since the definition of marriage was made by God, our forefathers set that forth in the constitution which I support as a christian. But do not believe they have the right to tell certain people they can not have children(unless they haven't done a great job with other children) meaning have they abused previous children? Some gov't is good as we need a form of gov't keeping the laws in order & keeping up a repoir with foreign countries. Not to mention running our military. I truly feel we need to get back to the basics of the constitution, that means we take it at face value as it is written plainly & clearly. there is no need for interptiting(sp?) it because of its plainness. I say we even go back to the original election process, the winner is president & the looser is VP. That is a really good way of keeping the checks & balances in play, guess that is why our forefathers did it that way.
Please reread my post. I at no time called you stupid for having your guns stolen. I was referring to a post by a gun advocate that said you have to be stupid to have your guns stolen. They were not referring to you it was just a general ignorant type statement. After all if a house is protected by Smith & Wesson one would assume there's no way Smith or Wesson could be stolen. I'm sure most gun owners never leave their house. Don't worry your guns will eventually be found. Mot likely used in a robbery, rape or mugging. Hopefully not in a school shooting.

I've never spoken to God so I'm not sure if he defined marriage or not. I would like for you to show where in the Constitution it says that marriage is between one man and one woman. I believe people should have a thorough comprehension of the Constitution before quoting like some people quote the bible.

Did you hear about the shootings in New York today? I don't think anyone will try to take guns but you might be looking at fines or prison if your improperly secured firearm falls in to the wrong hands and shoots somebody. I sure do think that people who leave their gun where kids can get it should go to jail if their kid kills themselves or somebody else.

JMO
I was just clarifying about how guns get stolen. I never meant to infer that you called me stupid. btw it was my brother's guns stolen not mine. And you do have to leave your house to go to work if you are single & not independently wealthy. Most guns stolen around here are never found as we are too close to te Mexico border & they get taken over there quickly. I wasn't referring to your post about God & marriage. But if you have never spoke to him then I feel sorry for you when you die. The bible states & defines marriage. I do have a thorough comprehension of the constitution & the bible thank you, as I said high IQ here!! Yes I heard about the horrible incident in NY & I feel bvad about those innocent people who were shot. But I can garuantee you that gun control advocates will be all over this trying to get guns banned, again. Now if my guns are in my house put away & someone breaks in & steals it how would I be in any way shape or form responsible for their actions? I do believe that parents should be held responsible if their child gets their gun out to show to friends & either shoots the friend or their friend shoots them. It is a horrible tragedy when that happens, but if the child did not have access to that gun it would not have happened. Our children do not at this time know where we store the guns. After ds is properly tatught how to handle them & knows beyond a shadow of a doubt knows how to shoot one then will he have a little more access to one. WE limit his access to the BB gun too(his brother bought him for Christmas). Sorry if you thought I was reffering to you on those points. See I can be nice, can you? Can you agree to disagree about things wihtout being sarcastic? I can.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Can we keep religion out of this? I believe that as Americans we do have freedom of religion as well as the right to bear arms.
I practice both.
So please don't tell me what religion to believe in or wether or not I can have a gun (along with the ammo needed to use it).

Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
Can we keep religion out of this? I believe that as Americans we do have freedom of religion as well as the right to bear arms.
I practice both.
So please don't tell me what religion to believe in or wether or not I can have a gun (along with the ammo needed to use it).
Excellent idea. Religion doesn't belong in the public square.

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Because there is still "Freedom of Speech" allowed in this country, religion can be in the public square! It can't be government sponsored religion but if I and my friends want to go to any public park and preach, discuss or read the bible, or if my neighbor wants to lay down his prayer mat to pray it is legal. If my girlfriend wants to have her wedding ceramony in front of town hall with a priest and rabbi attending, she can. The government cannot sponsor or value one religion above another. We each have the right to believe or not believe in a God and practice or not practice a religion as long as it is not government promoted, that is because we have freedom of religion. Additionally, we can speak about our religion because of the freedom of speech.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Well said VT-Chicklit.
I believe this post is about ammunitions control, not about religious issues. It has taken on a rather Christian religious overtone. And it is that which I object to in this post only. If people wish to discuss christian beliefs, I wish they would to so in a seperate post.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
The ad for this thread is now Front Sight Firearms training.

Oops, now this thread will show up in my posts and I might have to get involved.

edited to add.

The ad just changed to personal liberty.

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said: Well said VT-Chicklit. I believe this post is about ammunitions control, not about religious issues. It has taken on a rather Christian religious overtone. And it is that which I object to in this post only. If people wish to discuss christian beliefs, I wish they would to so in a seperate post.
I knew where you were comming from. You were quite right in your point that the topic was getting off track and the freedoms that I hold most dear are also the fredom of religion and the freedom to own a gun, the same as you. My only point was that anyone that thought that any mention of religion in the public square does not belong, is incorrect. . . but we must also remember that it is not always apropriate for every situation.

Now back to the topic of Front Sight Firearms training.
Here you go dacjohns

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
I practice both.
Did anyone tell you what religion to believe in? Because I sure did not. And I hate to tell everyone here but the contitution does not seperate the Church & State(gov't), all it says is that the state can not make laws regarding religion. If you go to Washiington & look at every single building(gov't) there you will find bible scripture on them. It is what this country was founded on & for.

Thomas Jefferson has another saying that goes something to the effect of:
The right to keep & bear arms is essential when you have a gov't that wants to take them away & therefore are they are a neccessity.
I know it is not a complete quote but that is the jest of it. Boy did that man have a crystal ball that he could see all these things happening back then?
AGain I ask if you are a responsible gun owner & someone breaks into your house & steals your guns why & how are you responsible for the crimes that are commited using said gun/s?

Reaction score
Homesteadmom said:
[

Thomas Jefferson has another saying that goes something to the effect of:
The right to keep & bear arms is essential when you have a gov't that wants to take them away & therefore are they are a neccessity.
I know it is not a complete quote but that is the jest of it. Boy did that man have a crystal ball that he could see all these things happening back then?
AGain I ask if you are a responsible gun owner & someone breaks into your house & steals your guns why & how are you responsible for the crimes that are commited using said gun/s?
Back then they had a government that was oppressive and wanted to take their guns. That's not in any way happening now. If your guns were not secured in a gun safe then yes you were responsible for them being stolen. Therefore you are responsible if they are used in an illegal manner. Same as if you leave your keys in your car and it gets stolen you are really actually responsible. Unfortunately the law does not state that so a lot of people get the easy road. The people on the other end get the shaft.

JMO

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I refuse to accept the blame for someone that first breaks the law by stealing my gun and then breaks the law again by useing it during the commision of a crime. Only someone who has little respect for personal responsibility could believe that the victim of a theft is responsible for the actions of the thief. Demonizing a victim these days is a common way to distract from where the responsibility for the crime actually lies.

It seems to me that placeing the blame where it belongs, on the person pulling the trigger, will go a long was towards being able to name the problem and then solve it. The reality is that those who wish to commit crimes with guns will do so. Whether they steal them from me, buy them legally or get them from the black market. . . they will have a gun to commit their crime. Now a days, many of the laws enacted to "solve" a problem only inconvienience or prevent those who are acting lawfully from doing what is their right to do, in this case own a gun. It doesn't prevent those who act illegally from doing anything they wish to do, which is use a gun to commit a crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.