For women only please!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Or you could make a tincture or tea of Shepherd's Purse, which has a long history of helping with heavy bleeding (internal AND external)

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have a curious question. Would making some waxed cloth for the outer layer of period panties help prevent leaks? I'm thinking for overnight for those of us who get really heavy periods.

Have heard of waterproofing the bottom layer of Fabric (against the panties side) not sure what's used normally tho. Wouldn't the wax get mayby crinkly?.? Think I've got an internet search to do cause now am curious lol

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Or you could make a tincture or tea of Shepherd's Purse, which has a long history of helping with heavy bleeding (internal AND external)

!!! Did not know this! Would one take just one dose of the tea a day or is it a freely drunken?.?

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Start by drinking one cup per day to see how your body reacts. If you don’t feel any side effects, you can start drinking up to four cups a day.
If using a tincture, add 30 to 40 drops to a glass of water 2 or 3 times a day.
And, as with almost anything:
If you’re taking shepherd’s purse for the first time, start with a very small dose so you can make sure you don’t have a reaction. Many people have an allergy to shepherd’s purse. Signs of an allergic reaction to shepherd’s purse include:
  • trouble breathing
  • tightness or pain in your throat or chest
  • skin blisters, hives, or rash
  • red, itchy, or swollen skin
  • drowsiness or fatigue
Other possible side effects include:
  • upset stomach
  • thyroid function changes
  • changes in blood pressure
  • changes in your heart rate or heartbeat
Be careful if you use a blood-thinning medication, have high blood pressure or heart disease, or thyroid problems- talk to your doctor first.
Also, there have been some indications that taking large amounts of shepherd's purse can reduce fertility; so bear this in mind if you are wanting to get pregnant.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I've sewn some cloth that I like. (Google foe free sewing patterns). I have a Diva cup too. My absolute favorite is a newer product, Flex discs. They are marketed as single use / disposable. But I wash and reuse.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I use Modibodi undies. Bloody brilliant :clap

The only bad thing about them is the price. But in saying that, I have used my undies for nearly 3 years and they are still in very good condition and very well made. So the upfront price has been worth it since they last for so long. They are so comfortable and the fit is perfect. It was such a relief to get them. I only have the moderate flow type so far, which are true to their name. I will be trying out the incontinence type once the next lot of stimulus money comes through. My friend got the swimwear and says it is good too.

I have tried a cheaper brand (Love Luna) and basically, you get what you pay for. These fell apart after two washes and were not nearly as effective as the Modibodi. Probably best as a back up for tampons or diva cups rather than for use on their own. Their pee pants were the best of the bunch for the price but they have barely lasted 3 months.

I prefer the undies because the pad is doesnt move around and the fabric is great for this climate, they are easy to rinse and then just get put in the washing machine and dried on the line. Easy done.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I use Modibodi undies. Bloody brilliant :clap

The only bad thing about them is the price. But in saying that, I have used my undies for nearly 3 years and they are still in very good condition and very well made. So the upfront price has been worth it since they last for so long. They are so comfortable and the fit is perfect. It was such a relief to get them. I only have the moderate flow type so far, which are true to their name. I will be trying out the incontinence type once the next lot of stimulus money comes through. My friend got the swimwear and says it is good too.

I have tried a cheaper brand (Love Luna) and basically, you get what you pay for. These fell apart after two washes and were not nearly as effective as the Modibodi. Probably best as a back up for tampons or diva cups rather than for use on their own. Their pee pants were the best of the bunch for the price but they have barely lasted 3 months.

I prefer the undies because the pad is doesnt move around and the fabric is great for this climate, they are easy to rinse and then just get put in the washing machine and dried on the line. Easy done.
These are on my sewing todo list. I think I will like them for the same reasons you list!

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Modibodi had a great boxing day sale, so today I got my delivery of brand new undies :D I love them! They were delivered in a compostable post bag with individual paper packaging inside. I am so pleased. This lot should last me for the next 5 years.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I've sewn some cloth that I like. (Google foe free sewing patterns). I have a Diva cup too. My absolute favorite is a newer product, Flex discs. They are marketed as single use / disposable. But I wash and reuse.
Reusable silicone discs are available now! Nixit and June are two companies that carry them. Discs are infinitely better than cups!