Free garden planner

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Hi Guys! Happy Samhain :)
BB- It's the same old journal, but it was getting dusty from me forgetting it was around.

dragonlaurel

Reaction score
That was still Dragonlaurel's journal. You just found the first post I made on it. I was having a serious case of "get back to the land-itis" back then. I still want to, but having a garden to mess in helps keep me sane.

dragonlaurel

Reaction score
I didn't have enough baking yeast to get through the rest of the month, and love sourdough, so I started a batch tonight. Hubby used to keep a batch going, and we both enjoyed the results. We should be able to start using it within a week. :drool

I love that tooth powder I made. It's just baking soda, a little sea salt, stevia, and spices. I added ground cinnamon, clove, cardamon and fennel till it smelled and tasted nice. My teeth feel nice and clean, and the bad tooth rarely bothers me now. I will still need to see a dentist still, but I had serious pain over this before- so this is reallllly good.

dragonlaurel

Reaction score
When you begin a new batch of sourdough starter, how often do you check it? I followed the directions but mine seems kinda dry. It's whole wheat and rye flour.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
dragonlaurel said:
I didn't have enough baking yeast to get through the rest of the month, and love sourdough, so I started a batch tonight. Hubby used to keep a batch going, and we both enjoyed the results. We should be able to start using it within a week. :drool

I love that tooth powder I made. It's just baking soda, a little sea salt, stevia, and spices. I added ground cinnamon, clove, cardamon and fennel till it smelled and tasted nice. My teeth feel nice and clean, and the bad tooth rarely bothers me now. I will still need to see a dentist still, but I had serious pain over this before- so this is reallllly good.
I've been using baking soda and spearmint e.o. mixed to a dry paste, it seems like my teeth have gotten more sensitive than before when I was using Toms.

Has that happened to you? How long have you been using your tooth powder? I love the idea of using ground cinnamon, clove etc.!

eta typos!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
dragonlaurel said:
When you begin a new batch of sourdough starter, how often do you check it? I followed the directions but mine seems kinda dry. It's whole wheat and rye flour.
When I started mine, I checked it every 24 hours; removing half then added more water and flour if I can remember correctly. I also kept it at room temp.

dragonlaurel

Reaction score
Did you mean baking soda? I didn't want any mint in mine, cause I get heartburn and mint can be a trigger for it. Haven't had any increase in tooth sensitivity, but clove is a natural dental painkiller- so that would be pretty surprising.
I tried a toothpaste called Vicco before and I was aiming for that type of taste. It had mostly good stuff in it - except- I don't want the SLS.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
So Dragonlaurel, if I understand correctly, it's just a powder? Do you dip a wet brush into the powder? I've thought about making my own when my next tube runs out. I just have horrid memories of my grandma making us brush with soda only as a kid...