Free garden planner

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
I only tossed when I was starting my starter. If it wasn't bubbling and doubling, I figured it wasn't worth keeping. and regardless of what NT says, I have tried to create a SD started soo many times, this way is the only way that has worked for me.
:D NT is the only that works for me :lol:

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
If you saw the earthquake thread- I posted there too.

We felt the earth quake here at 11:05 pm. We are in very strong concrete apartment building and my feet felt some pulses through the floor. Hubby was dozing in the recliner and got woke up.

The epi-center was near Greenbiar/Guy area. They've been having lots of them, but we don't usually feel it here. They were usually weaker, but this one was 4.7. We felt it 4 or 5 minutes after it was recorded there. Maybe our mountains may have slowed down the spread? :idunno
map- http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/ index.html

Info- Preliminary Earthquake Report
U.S. Geological Survey, National Earthquake Information Center:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/ sb0001lpu/

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Didn't even see the earthquake thread. Glad you're OK.

dragonlaurel

Reaction score
We are probably 60 miles away and have mountains between us and there. I just felt the pulse against my feet. I hope everybody's okay up there.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I live about 30 miles by road for the epicenter, closer straight across. It shook my bed and rattled my windows. It also rumbled before it shook.

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
yikes glad everyone is ok!
We actually had a quake out in the Gulf a week or so ago, supposedly registered here in town but nobody felt it. We figure it is the sea floor paying us back for the spill.

dragonlaurel

Reaction score
I lived in Sanford in the early 70's and they had lots of little tremors. I rarely felt any tremors in Orlando after we moved. Don't know if things settled down, or we just got far enough to not notice.

dragonlaurel

Reaction score
I'm exhausted but stressed out. Hubby had to go to the hospital tonight. They are talking about doing an angiogram on him. He's had it done before and I guess it's better to know what's going on. I hope it's something easy to fix.
I'm going to try to sleep.