Free's kidding journal 2011: Plum's death wish p 42

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Her udder is tighter than it was a few hours ago. She is starting to get a "shelf" on it....don't know what it might really be called, but it is the top of the back of the udder...instead of hanging straight down, there is a bulge at the top that sort of forms a shelf when it gets really full. It is not filled to capacity yet (don't know what that is with Ginger yet!) but it is DEFINITELY bigger.

I sorta have Fri-Mon off, which is very unusual as my work week is Thu-Mon normally, so I think being able to visit her often is making me crazy! :p

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow......you sound just like me setting alarms and stuff.... :lol:

I hope she doesn't drag you along too much!!!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
She has quite the racket going. For dinner tonight I shook out a dense flake of alfalfa into a big rubber feed tub and gave her all the leafy bits, then put the stems in the hay racks for everyone else! She mumbled while she was eating it, never lifting her head...."mmmph, mmmmbbmmm, mmmpphmmm..." :lol: Spoiled brat!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Still faking it! Ligs feel stronger again. Sheesh! Udder is no bigger, although it jumped in size yesterday afternoon. She looked at the rubber tub this morning, then gazed longingly into my eyes. More alfalfa leaf, please!

She tried to get into my lap for a snooze at 4 AM. It was very cute. Think she is spoiled? :p

It is supposed to be damp and rainy all week, so she really could pick any day. The stretching and udder yesterday were just to torture me. I have a plate of broccoli trim with her name on it.

I bet she waits until I need to leave for work or for a doctor appointment or something. It would be a classic goat manipulation. "Who is more important? Me or them? Prove it!"

I keep meaning to take the camera out in the wee hours but I don't quite wake up until I am in her stall. She looks ridiculous when she is lying down. She is also a bit short of breath then and when she pees, it is about a cup or less....then she poops three times in a row because she is eating so much! I guess I am spending too much time with her to know all that! :rolleyes: :lol:

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I'm about to trudge out there again....I'm thinking of not setting any alarms tonight. I'm pooped and she is lying! Good thing she is cute!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
:barnie Hardly any ligaments and the udder is bigger! I have to set my alarms again....she's killing me!!!! :he

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Ah the joys of owning a goat. Maybe I DON'T want to breed mine. :lol: