Free's piggie thread...new pics p 19

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
So, please clarify for me....can we have pork for supper or do we wait a day? I don't like organ meats, but my dad just sent me a recipe for liverwurst, so I'll make that for him unless he wants to make it. Liver=double-ICK! for me and dh. I wish I could choke it down, since I intellectually love it! :rolleyes:

And, BR, I'd really love those pictures, as we hired some help and will likely be able to do some cutting up tomorrow! I have the entire day off, and the guys are starting at 8 AM, three of them, dad and the two hired hands. Woohoo!

Thanks for all the encouragement!

I have to go milk and do chores now, my car gave me trouble a state away today of all days, and I am about 3 hours behind schedule.....But a bit frozen from waiting for AAA. First waiting for dh to sign us up for AAA, then waiting for them to arrive! He'd let it lapse.....

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ugh~ Car troubles are the worst! So sorry for that.
Liverwurst recipe!?? Really?? You MUST share! I LOVE liverwurst... :drool

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
liver = yes the same day
rest of it = should probably let it rest over nite

you probably want to let them hang over nite BEFORE you do the cutting if you can... especially if you have the cold weather. but i know you have the guys there. the shootin', guttin', and skinning took us most of the day and there is no need to rush. especially since you'll have the halves which are pretty easy to move around.

i'm still waiting for the pix too but here is a great resource to get you started:
http://members.shaw.ca/masterbutcher/meat_cutting_tutorial/basic_cuts.html

click around on the site for the details of the different sections. we thought this was really helpful.

:)

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
* all anxiously pace around wondering how its going *

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I'm in the house. Shaking. Wanting to puke. The boy went down on one shot. Four shots and the girl is still screaming. What the heck is going on out there? I had to leave when she started screaming. I haven't puked yet. I am shaking.