Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This is the best crop of lemons I've ever had. Can't give them away because everybody is having a bumper year! Yep - last year was a bust. We had several hard late freezes and it disrupted everything. This year - my mulberries are already leafing out - hope that's not a death sentence for any berry crop this year. :(

I have jars in the dishwasher and the canning kettle on the stove. Thankfully, no pressure canning so just about 10 minutes in HWB and it's done! I should easily get enough juice to last until next year if I keep going. DH uses a LOT of lemon juice in his water - enough so that I warn him to be mindful of the enamel on his teeth, lol! Only downside to canning this much juice is that it is using a buttload of jars. Thankful to have found the three extra boxes!

Fingers crossed :fl for your plum trees!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Steroids give you super powers!!! I started my step-down pack on oral steroids this morning and I've been perpetual motion. Combined with the steroid injection I got Monday I'm supposed to be almost 'itchless' by now. I'm not itchless - but I've been busy, busy, busy!

Canned 5 quarts of lemon juice this morning. Trimmed Dusty's feet which was NOT fun at all - his big ol self is the sweetest goat until you try to take one of his feet off the round and start carving on it. We went around and around and around, up, down, over and around some more. And - he stinks. Few minutes later - I stink too. I moved Boss Kinder out to another area of the pasture with the young Kiko cross girls to make sure they've all settled. Worked on cleaning out another raised bed, took the LGD female back to the pasture. She's been in isolation because she was in season but she's kicked back out to pasture now because she tried to take Gracie's head off....tsk, tsk! Then I roasted butternut squash and a small pumpkin and made butternut squash soup and home made spoon rolls for dinner. And, I still have energy that I need to go away. I need to sleep tonight. Slept good last night but the previous two nights - nope - didn't happen. I'm still trying to catch up. Bad weather is supposed to hit us Friday...and I think for the next week after that we'll be rainy and/or cloudy. Not much for working outside weather.

I need to shower - maybe that'll help me relax....

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Don't start a garden while on those meds -- you'll need 3 of you to tend it :lol:
No joke!! They do give me energy - but the downside is no sleep. My head hit the pillow last night around 11 and I slept til 1:30….tossed and turned until I finally got up at 4:30...went back to bed at 7:30 and slept until 8. Maybe it won't be so bad tonight since I take a lower dose today. I need to get a little bit more feed and then come home and get ready for the big storm that's supposed to hit us tomorrow. I don't have a lot to do, but I need to make sure the tarps are tied down over the round bales and hope they don't fly off in the 70mph winds (and possible tornados) we're predicted to have. o_O

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The news has been warning of this storm since Monday. We may be a little north of the tornadoes, I sure hope so. We are on satellite TV. The local weather news stays on, giving minute by minute updates on tornadoes and possible tornadoes, they call it rotation. They warn people in the path of the tornadoes to take cover. So we are watching a tornado getting closer and the TV goes off. :he So now what? Do we jump in the truck and drive for our lives? And which direction? Do we run to sit in the hallway and pray? Or do we just attempt to bend way over and kiss our a$$ goodbye?

I have a ewe due NOW and between Ewe Code. A storm, tornado, 80 MPH winds and rain sounds like birthing time to me!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hope the bad misses you both! Bay, you can have a little of the rain though since you say you need wet.

Uhhh...weather radio? I have one that's plug in OR battery.

I have a doe bagged but, felt she had anoter week. Tonight I find her outside the barn, alone, possibly first stages??? Guess she heard me say I wanted a good night sleep, as I hayed.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hope the bad misses you both! Bay, you can have a little of the rain though since you say you need wet.

Uhhh...weather radio? I have one that's plug in OR battery.

I have a doe bagged but, felt she had anoter week. Tonight I find her outside the barn, alone, possibly first stages??? Guess she heard me say I wanted a good night sleep, as I hayed.
Got kids yet?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The news has been warning of this storm since Monday. We may be a little north of the tornadoes, I sure hope so. We are on satellite TV. The local weather news stays on, giving minute by minute updates on tornadoes and possible tornadoes, they call it rotation. They warn people in the path of the tornadoes to take cover. So we are watching a tornado getting closer and the TV goes off. :he So now what? Do we jump in the truck and drive for our lives? And which direction? Do we run to sit in the hallway and pray? Or do we just attempt to bend way over and kiss our a$$ goodbye?

I have a ewe due NOW and between Ewe Code. A storm, tornado, 80 MPH winds and rain sounds like birthing time to me!

i eat chocolate.

Latest posts