Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh, and the steroids are working on the swelling/tightness in my hand, but not so much on the nerve pain. BUT - they sure give me lots of energy. Unloaded the feed early this morning and got the milking feeding done earlier than usual. Made breakfast, unloaded the dishwasher and started reloading. Made a pitcher of tea. Did several loads of laundry which are folded/hung up/ and put away. Swept and mopped downstairs. Washed down the kitchen cabinets. I know steroids aren't the best thing for you - but for the time I'm on 'em - I'm gonna put 'em to good use, lol!!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I may need some of those! 😁

The nerve pain will probably diminish as the swelling/tightness is reduced. Hope so.

OK with MIL situation. Hope your DH can still visit as he wants. Maybe she could visit with you all once in a while to give the caregiver a day off on occasion. We both know how 24/7 feels.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That is good news on your MIL. It’s a tough situation and this sounds like the best choice for everybody. I’m glad it worked out so well.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
OK with MIL situation. Hope your DH can still visit as he wants. Maybe she could visit with you all once in a while to give the caregiver a day off on occasion. We both know how 24/7 feels.
Her house is open to us at anytime. I've known this lady for almost 20 years and trust her implicitly. It really was the best solution for all given that our house is not set up for elder care. (I'll have to address that issue for ourselves at some point) The caretaker is the matriarch of her family. She has two built in (adult) alternate caretakers in her daughter and a niece that live in the same home. It really is one big happy family and MIL loves the attention.

Her mind is solid and she loves being social so she gets that opportunity. I think most of us recall that caretaking of the elderly is hardest when you deal with a broken mind as opposed to the body. MIL's only problem at this point is that the body is weak and she still wants/tries to do everything herself.

There will be a mini family reunion this weekend. DH's brother, sister and nephew are coming to get whatever they want from the apartment. We'll take MIL there to supervise and we'll all sit down to have a meal together. She'll enjoy that!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Guess I need more brownie mix and wine, lol! There's a little "something-something" tropical possibly headed in our general direction. It's that time of year for sure!

i'll eat some chocolate in your honor. :) be safe and be well. :) (kinda like live long and prosper...) \\//

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sounds like a great solution for your MIL and older people often crave the attention and companionship of others. So glad that she is able to be in the midst of a "family" that you all know and trust...

yep, gotta think about the future and "needs" of elders.... even yourselves.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The weather this morning shows it heading directly for Houston and a Cat 1 hurricane. Better double up on the brownies and wine! LOL LOL It also showed rain extending up to the Tyler area, I'll sure take it! Need to get DH on the tractor to put wood chips on the pipeline and several other places where the dry loose sand is 8-12" deep. Hard rains wash it away.....