Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was tired last night and had an alcoholic muscle relaxer and sleep aid.

Oh - and even more on the "proud of us" note....we ended up having all the parts we needed once we found the plumbing box. Only thing we had to get was the primer/glue stuff. We had some but it was dried up. Now we need to replace all the parts. I don't know how quickly the stuff dries up after it's opened, but I'd like to keep a couple cans of new cans around in case it's the opening of it that accelerates the drying up process. Guy at the hardware store told DH to store it upside down. :hu

Today I need to try and catch up on everything I didn't get done yesterday. I've been working on a dividing fence in the back yard. I had one, but it was scrabbled together out of mismatched, whatever I could find, stuff. I would like to make it a little more aesthetically pleasing. I've got the old one pulled down and the supplies to put up another one ready to go.

So much to do...

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Turning the can of adhesive upside down limits the amount of oxygen and therefore the drying out of the open jar. Like making a new seal on the jar.
Just make sure it is tightly closed. I managed to glue a can of adhesive down onto the shelf doing that, lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Turning the can of adhesive upside down limits the amount of oxygen and therefore the drying out of the open jar. Like making a new seal on the jar.
Makes perfect sense! Thanks for the explanation.
Just make sure it is tightly closed. I managed to glue a can of adhesive down onto the shelf doing that, lol.
Ha! That would be something I would do!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Busy day! Had to make up for taking a half-day off and fishing yesterday. We only caught two fish, a flounder and a trout. Both keeper size, but we catch and release. I wouldn't eat anything out of the water we fish in....too close to the chemical plants.

Got some tractor time this morning! Scraped a little dirt out of my "pond." It may never be anything more than a big mud puddle, but I keep working on it a little at a time.

I have a cast iron tub that is being used for a water trough. It needed to be cleaned out and repositioned. More tractor time! No way anybody is moving that without a dozen helpers or a tractor. Got it flipped up on it's side and held it that way with the FEL while I hosed out all the gunk. Unfortunately, I hosed out whatever ancient drain plug that was in there, lol. Can't find it either. As soon as it's dry I'll silicone something down over the drain hole to hold water in. I think I have a cool whip lid that will work well.

Got the young goats and the older does separated - again. I'll try to get the three doelings that I want to sell pulled out of the group and into the trailer for easy access. Hopefully, they'll calm down some with daily close-up interactions for feed and water. They need to decide that I am not so scary.

Dogs got heartworm meds this morning and the goats got copper. Dogs think they're getting a treat so that goes well. For the goats I mix copper into pumpkin puree out of a can. They'll eat it right offa spoon. At least most of them do. There are a couple that need to be convinced that it's yummy.

Oh my goodness - the Texans finally won a game today! Woo Hoo! I'll be happier if they can win two in a row, lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah, but when the rain finally gets started, it won’t stop until March
It would take that long for us to get caught up, lol! I know, I know - be careful what you wish for. :hide

Gosh - typed all this out yesterday and never hit "post" button.

Got going this morning and rolled up some old fencing that I'd taken down. I pulled it down and replaced it recently with some hog panels that didn't look as crappy. Feels good to have that done. Then I was able to let the horses up into the back yard to eat what little grass there is. Saves gas - I don't have to mow.

Got a round bale moved out of storage for the goats. Also let them out to graze the pasture and they haven't looked twice at the hay. They have their priorities right, lol. Also shoveled up a cart full of barn gold to spread in a raised bed that's not looking very raised right now. That will be a lather, rinse, repeat chore in the upcoming days. I've got a few more formerly raised beds that need a little boost.

Went to the freezer to look for something to do for dinner and a bag of shrimp jumped right out at me. I put it back and dang if it didn't jump out at me again. I picked it up and a lightbulb lit up right over my head. Gumbo is in the pot!

Next trip outside will be to find something to stop up the goats bathtub trough so it'll hold water again. They'll be so happy that they don't have to walk an extra 10 yards to the other trough. Lazy bums!

Gumbo is smelling good - guess I better go give it a stir.

Latest posts