Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I got my hopes up today. I should know better. We had a chance of rain. The skies got dark (again). The wind blew (again). The temperature dropped (again). I jumped into action. I went and grabbed 50 lbs of rye grass seed. Dumped it into buckets and put the buckets on the tractor. Several buckets under my feet and several in the front end loader. Got busy as fast as I could. Started tossing out the seeds. Wind was blustery so some of those seeds really flew, lol. I was going slow so I could get good coverage. I started noticing that it was getting easier to toss the seeds where I wanted them. Where was the wind that was catching all those seeds when I started? Not only was the wind missing - but the clouds were hurrying away as fast as they could and it got downright hot again. Sigh... Maybe it'll rain tomorrow. :fl

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I got my hopes up today. I should know better. We had a chance of rain. The skies got dark (again). The wind blew (again). The temperature dropped (again). I jumped into action. I went and grabbed 50 lbs of rye grass seed. Dumped it into buckets and put the buckets on the tractor. Several buckets under my feet and several in the front end loader. Got busy as fast as I could. Started tossing out the seeds. Wind was blustery so some of those seeds really flew, lol. I was going slow so I could get good coverage. I started noticing that it was getting easier to toss the seeds where I wanted them. Where was the wind that was catching all those seeds when I started? Not only was the wind missing - but the clouds were hurrying away as fast as they could and it got downright hot again. Sigh... Maybe it'll rain tomorrow. :fl

so you were feeding the birdies?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Rye grass is an annual and doesn’t put out roots or runners to multiply itself. When the stars align and the grass gods smile upon us, rye grass provides at least 2 months of early grazing before the summer grasses start growing. Pots won’t work for the sheer numbers of grass stalks.