Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep - what Bay said.

Looks like the promised rain for this morning was another lie. Most of the rain is north and east of us. Maybe I should start feeding the horses the rye grass seed and see if they'll spread it for me in their poop, lol. Works for oats!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yep - what Bay said.

Looks like the promised rain for this morning was another lie. Most of the rain is north and east of us. Maybe I should start feeding the horses the rye grass seed and see if they'll spread it for me in their poop, lol. Works for oats!

i see a lump of a storm to the west of you and hope it gets all the way over to where you are at in a while. :)

ah, an annual, ok, yes, that doesn't make sense for plugs then.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
i see a lump of a storm to the west of you and hope it gets all the way over to where you are at in a while.

That's just about my last hope for any wetness for the next week or so...or more...who knows? I hope it can hold together and not wimp out on us. Weather liars say the chances of any moisture for us will be almost nil by noon. I just dunno...

Noticed my pine trees looking stressed and beginning to show some browning of the limb tips. Stretched the water hose over there and have it dripping in the rootzone. I really don't want to lose any trees over this mess.

And just as a mood booster this morning I went out and found a broken gate and young goat girls with the dirty old man buck. Oh yay! So much for any breeding "plans" I foolishly thought I could implement. Sometimes I don't like goats very much, lol.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Had a young doeling being a hussey this week. Big spotted buck encouraging her!! Desperate, I locked her in the horse trailer for 2 days and nights until she got over the foolishness. 🤬🥴. She was hoarse when I let her out :lol: but, unbred. :old

You can't trust them.:rant:oops:

I believe everyone else is bred....Feb is gonna be busy! 🤔🥴. Hate the weather then but ---- ya know it happens.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tired tonight. Got nearly 3 mile worth of steps. I told someone once that my step counter doesn't tell the whole story. Almost all of my steps are carrying something, pulling something, pushing something or chasing something. I feel every one of those steps tonight. But - it was cool today. Our top temp was 72!! Woo hoo! We're supposed to get into the lower 40s tomorrow night. Sounds awesome....but back into the mid/upper 80s mid-week and on. No rain in the forecast until early next week.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Tired tonight. Got nearly 3 mile worth of steps. I told someone once that my step counter doesn't tell the whole story. Almost all of my steps are carrying something, pulling something, pushing something or chasing something. I feel every one of those steps tonight. But - it was cool today. Our top temp was 72!! Woo hoo! We're supposed to get into the lower 40s tomorrow night. Sounds awesome....but back into the mid/upper 80s mid-week and on. No rain in the forecast until early next week.
Sounds amazing other than no rain.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nice and brisk this morning. It was 51 when I got up and 69 in the house. I like it! For the first time in months I'm not in my summer uniform. No shorts and t-shirt today. Leggings (layered with shorts because I have to have pockets) and a t-shirt, lol.

Animals are loving it. At feeding time this morning goats were hopping around like they have springs in their legs. That's great - but don't spring into me!

Picked up grain yesterday as part of my errands. Have 12 - 50lb bags to get unloaded this morning. Woo Hoo - free workout! Going to try and get some of the garden areas tucked away and ready for spring - and other areas ready to plant some fall plants in.

I cooked a pork shoulder yesterday so dinner is done for a few days. It's soup weather so maybe tomorrow I'll make some bean soup out of some of it.