Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
perhaps oxygen can help?
We're seeing a wound care doc next week. Who knows about the oxygen therapy? I've heard it can do good things.

hose them down in the morning before it gets too hot. the cooler temperature from the water along with the action of the spray will often help them set more fruits.

people say to not spray down tomato plants because it can encourage diseases but i'm of the sort of gardener that i'll take a diseased tomato plant with fruit set over one that looks purty but doesn't have any fruit at all.
I generally go out and water them early in the morning - but I haven't specificallly sprayed the plants themselves. Most of them have netting over them and I was hoping it would shade them and keep them a few degrees cooler. I'll try wetting them and the netting and see if that helps. Or, I guess I could actually move them to a place that's got some dappled shade. The temps are so hot right now I don't know if it would do that much good anyway - but it's all worth a try. They're still blooming...

i'd go pee in his paint can if i were the real cantankerous sort...
I LOVE that idea, lol. Except I already bought the paint so I'd rather not pee in my own paint can! :lol:

Mexicans are burning "weed"..... Some in the cloud of smoke don't really care, just smile. 🤣
:):):):):):):):):):)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Mexicans are burning "weed"..... Some in the cloud of smoke don't really care, just smile. 🤣

i remember those years... vaguely... :)

it's called Jamaica because they're always making smoke? this however reminds me of a rather bawdy joke i heard a long long time ago... i'll have to leave it at that...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
you do have AC there right? :)
Oh heck yes! Several, lol. I bought an extra window unit the other day - justincase! As long as we have electricity and/or fuel for the generator(s) I will have cool air.

We run central air downstairs, but we use window units upstairs because generally it's just us here and we only need to cool our room.

Not even 7am and it's already over 80. Humidity is crazy this time of morning so it is literally like a sauna out there.

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Quick update: My daughter is extremely ill. She had her 39th birthday 9 days ago. Three days later she was in a helicopter being air-lifted to the Houston Medical center. Things were touch and go and while she's shown some minor improvement it will be a long challenging road for her and her issues will be lifelong.

It's all still sinking in. I've got the grandkids here now. My son and dil stepped up and have been watching them. They have to go back to work tomorrow so the kiddos are here. DH will be in charge when I go back to the hospital.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sorry for this sad and critical report. Hoping improvement comes quickly. :hugs update when you can.

Sending prayers for all.