Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our lungs can bruise? They can almost collapse from CPR? OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the alternative is not good, so I'm glad he's on the mend. OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CPR can break ribs. When my mother was in the nursing home, I gave instructions to not revive her with CPR. Her tiny frail body would have crunched like a stepped on cookie.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the care and concern! Who would think a lifesaving procedure could be so devastating to the body- but it is. Bruised lungs, further back injury and yesterday a cardiac ultrasound to check for contusions/bruising to the heart itself.

Extremely displeased at the care (or lack of) he’s receiving. Saturday night I was on a terror because at 30 hours post admission he had not received what they call “home meds.” In his case the list of home meds is lengthy and imperative. For instance - his blood pressure meds. Saturday night his BP rose to 212/110. Still couldn’t get any meds- until I went ape$hit on the staff. Amazing the response you can get when announcing to an entire nursing staff, at shift change, that my husband is deep in stroke danger because of his BP and for over 2 hrs of begging for meds he still had none.

Meds arrived within minutes along with a nursing supervisor, a hospital Physician and a case manager rep. I told them this hospital is $hit, their staff is $hit and their idea of “care” is $hit. I also told them my next step is to call an ambulance and have him transferred the heck out of here to another university based facility a block away. A BP in that range is an emergency situation and we couldn’t get any care? They’ve been on their toes since then in reference to his meds- but not much else.

His normal cardiologist should be here this morning and I intend to speak to him about transfer if we aren’t close to release. Besides the BP issues his oxygen saturation is running low because of the bruised lungs. Do you think we’ve seen anybody from respiratory therapy- negative!

Exhaustion abounds.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It is a crying shame that you have to have a meltdown to get care for your husband. If you weren’t there, he’d be dead. Keep your strength up, you have to last until he can come home, then a bit longer to get him settled in so you both can rest.

Hospi-killed is real. I have first hand experience with that. Stay with him.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Talked to cardiologist yesterday about transferring but we should be out of here today. Almost got sprung yesterday but they canceled because his O2 sats keep dropping when he’s on his feet. They wanted to give him another night (last night) to do his breathing exercises and hope he doesn’t keep dropping. His lungs are ok- bruised- but ok. Problem is that it hurts to breathe so he’s not breathing deeply enough.

Had an issue last night with his insulin pump. Every time he’s hospitalized his blood sugar gets crazy. Stress shoots his sugar up. Finally got his pump straightened out and stayed up most of the night tweaking it and finally got his sugar stabilized around 3am. Sleep? Not so much…

Case Mgmt is working on getting some home health care for us. I’m not totally sure why, but if they send us a strong young man, instead of some strength challenged tiny person, I’ll be ok with it. Wonder if they’ll feed the goats, lol.