Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wrote this yesterday and never posted it. Told ya I was tired, lol.

We got sprung this afternoon. Then we had to go by the cardiologist's office and pick up a monitor they want DH to wear for 2 weeks. Ugh! At least it's not one of this big Holter monitors. This one is nice and compact and not terribly intrusive at all. But 2 weeks?

I wasn't going to try to get him out of the truck and then back in right after leaving the hospital, so I went in and asked for it. The entire staff of his cardiologist just love DH. He's a regular and they know him well, lol. They were pretty freaking awesome and instead of just showing me how to attach it - two of them came out to the truck and went ahead and hooked him up - in the parking lot - in the cold. Gotta love those folks. They said it was their first curbside service, lol.:lol:

When I came home yesterday to do chores it was warm and humid. I grabbed shorts and a t-shirt to take back to the hospital for him to wear home today. Sometime overnight a front blew in and it was really windy and cold today. Brrrrr! When we attempted to get him dressed, I discovered that I had grabbed a pair of MY shorts. Nope, ladies M shorts are not gonna fit him no matter if they're elastic waisted or not. So, he left the hospital in his underwear, a t-shirt and a hospital gown over it all. He didn't care - he just wanted out.

He tolerated the ride home a lot better than I expected and he's doing pretty good. He's been walking around with his walker. His big issue is pain and the fact that he can't get out of a chair by himself.

He's got really bad restless legs going on tonight and he wants to walk. I'm tired. I don't want to walk and he needs help. I swear when I finally get horizontal tonight, I'm not getting back up unless he's about to soil himself, lol.

Today:

Pleased to announce he stayed put all night and so did I. He slept in his recliner and me on the sofa from about 10:30 until 4:30 this morning. I'll take it! Uninterrupted sleep for the first time in nearly a week.

Hospital was setting up home health for us. I have no idea why - but ok - I'll take it.

Need coffee!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well -- if they're there for a few hours, it will give YOU a break!!! Take it. 😁 You can putter outside, do errands, look at your pond, whatever. Just being able to remove yourself to recharge, look at animals, garden -- that will free your mind a little. You need this! :hugs

Glad you're home and DH has his own clothes. :lol:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Annnnnnddddd tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I’m guessing traveling to your son in law’s is not happening? Is he and the grands coming to your house?
Son in law and kiddos are in El Paso with his family for Thanksgiving. They'll be coming here for Christmas. I'm excited about that.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So, DS & DIL....you'll see them?

Frankly -- no one expects "mom" to cook this year, after the hospital episode this week! Relax, have a sandwich. A big meal is too much work :lol: txt a " Happy Thanksgiving" msg and call it done. :old😁🥰