Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DS & DDIL are hosting. Her family comes too so we’ve been meeting at their house for several years now. DS smokes turkey and ham and folks bring sides/desserts.

IF we go, and that’s highly doubtful, we would only stay a short time. DS says don’t worry about getting out because they’ll bring us a meal (and leftovers). Sooooo, why go when it will come to us? 😁

Been on the phone all day setting up appts for follow ups. The home health company is coming Friday for an assessment. They’re going to set up PT for us because he neeeeds it. Especially because he fell in the bathroom tonight. He was getting off the toilet and his foot slipped. Thankfully he just slid down the door and didn’t hit anything on the way down. Only casualty is a toenail. I’ve got it bandaged but he’ll need to have it removed. Yay- one more thing.

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH is doing soooo much better at home! He's still using the walker most of the time, but it's more of a safety precaution than a necessity right now. Home health has us set up for 6 physical therapy sessions over the span of 3 weeks. Occupational therapy will be involved too.

He had his first PT session yesterday and did ok with it. There's still work to do and goals to be accomplished, but I'm hopeful that it continues to go well. Next week is one appt after another. Geeze - we'll be busy.

I need to deal with leftovers today. Refrigerator is stuffed. Pie will be cut into individual pieces and put in the freezer. DH will be having a turkey leg at some point today. Ham will keep well in the fridge for awhile. Ham omelet anyone? Ham bone will go in some beans soon. Beef and barley soup will be finished off by tomorrow probably. Thankfully, I didn't make a huge amount.

I need to pick the rest of the hot peppers and get them dehydrated. DH likes to grind them and use the pepper dust on everything. I don't know how his taste buds haven't been burned away by now, lol. He loves him some hot stuff!

May get some rain this evening and overnight into tomorrow morning. Yay rain! Still need lots to fill the pond. Hope it's enough to make a difference. I may need to put some of the "habitat" material in there before the rain hits later. It's going to be a busy day.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I got DH showered, toe rebandaged and heart monitor re-set. I went through his daily pill boxes and removed the meds the cardiologist wanted stopped. Discovered that DH has made a couple of medication errors while doing his weekly pill management. That'll be a chore we do together henceforth. He takes a lot and it's easy to get confused. Ugh.

We have rain in the forecast tonight so I needed to get the pond "habitat" set up. 600 lbs of gravel is now spread on the spawning shelves in hopes that bluegill will reproduce. Of course, I don't have any bluegill at this point - but I'm ready, lol. I've been soaking some short log sections in water for a couple of weeks so they'd be waterlogged. That way they will, hopefully, stay where I put them and not to go floating all over the place. They all had short lengths of branches that I stuck down in the mud to help hold them in place.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Those daily pill boxes are marvelous inventions. I got them for BJ so he could keep it all straight. He left the tab up so he could glance at it and know he had taken his medicine.

I’m excited for your pond. Hollow logs are great for spawning fish also. I doubt that I have one, but I’ll ask around.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Like Bay said, those pill containers are the ONLY way to go. I can't remember at all and tend to second guess myself. Hubs is way worse. He's got a double one - one side for evening and one side for morning. His Statin and anti mad rx's are in the evening side and the vits are in the morning one. It works like a charm, once he remembered to take them. I started off by putting the container in his sink every evening.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
With the wife's meds, daily morning and evening boxes, plus a spreadsheet for her to use as she is filling the containers. It was the only way I could keep things straight caring for her after her heart attack.

Need the med list for a doctor visit, just print out a page and done!!! Our local health system is converting to a new electronic medical records system by specialty department, so the conversion isn't always clean.

Years ago, the one EMT call, just hand them the printout, too