Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well -- the AGH meat has been awesome! Moist, sweet, tasty.

I don't watch football at all. But, if I lived closer, I'd be there to help cut it up. Party. Hey, I just brought home 9 bottles of free wine unused from a demo....we could really party! :lol:

Actually it would be so good if we were closer -- we could trade out a little boy piggy with each other for next yr breeding. :rolleyes:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have never much cared for pork, until we started raising our own. Delicious! I had a particular disdain for pork chops, which taste similar to cardboard when purchased from a grocery store. Now they're my favorite!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My Superbowl guests are really good folks. They were here Monday night and went home the next day - then they came back Thursday night. We made them their own key because they are at 'events' until late, late. They are quiet and really no trouble at all. We got to visit a little this morning and it was the first time DH had a chance to meet them because we are usually in bed by the time they would get in - and DH would leave before they got out of bed in the mornings. Weird to leave folks alone in your house - but you can just tell good people - ya know?

Not sure any boars are jumping in freezer any time soon. Neighbor has another project going. So, next coolish weekend I'm thinking of just doing the deed myself. Not like I haven't done butchering before... and practice makes perfect, right?

I absolutely WILL post an ad on Craigslist for piglets. I will, I will, I will. Sigh... I think I may have said that before... No procrastination here folks! LOL

Starting to see evidence that we will indeed be having kids hopping around soon. Still haven't decided for sure how many does are in the family way, lol. But, I'm pretty sure I have 2 pygmy does bred, 1 Nigi doe, 2 Kinders, and probably 3 Nub's - that I know of. Seeing a little udder development and some growing bellies for sure.

DH and I had a day out today as a late b'day for me. We went to see "SPLIT" and then to one of our fav restaurants and had... TWO DOZEN RAW OYSTERS between us! Oh man they were GOOOOOOOOD! And free Key Lime Pie for dessert. I'm full as a tick on a dog right now!

Split was good! Had a little weirdness towards the end, but was not totally out of line with the story plot. I give it 2 thumbs up!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Hang on, FEM, you had a birthday recently? I missed it. Happy belated birthday! :hugs

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@frustratedearthmother I use to eat oysters but got food poisoning from the last bunch and will never do that again. It was about 22 years ago but I remember the experience vividly.

I saw a AGH on sale on FB for $150. A two year old bred sow. I don't know if that's a bargain or not but I am tempted. Of course these things are always gone by time I make up my mind, lol saving me a lot of money.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
what?? We missed your birthday? Happy birthday! Glad your guests are good ones! I will be missing the game tonight (ugh!!!) but rooting for my team nonetheless.

Good luck getting some butchering done!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks ya'll----it was Monday and mostly I tried to forget it, lol. But, I'm not gonna turn down dinner and a movie!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes, the bred AGH sow would be a good buy. Reasonable. Normal first litter is about 6. But, do you have a place for her & babies? That may cost a lot more. LOL