Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So... My team is playing in the super bowl... Got any more rooms? I'll even help with chores:lol:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Come on down! There's one more bed...It's the top bunk in the grandkids room. Of course, I can't guarantee who will be on the bottom bunk, lol! He might snore...or worse! Oh, there's also a cot too! Bring your DH - he can take the cot!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, come on! I've still got a love seat, a couch and a recliner available. And, BONUS - s'posed to be butchering a pig Superbowl weekend too. (if my neighbor is still available).

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Jeezzzz...I couldn't even tell you who is playing in the Super Bowl. I don't follow football at all.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm not that 'into' the game itself either. (Woulda been different if the hometown team was participating) I may or may not watch it...if I do it's only to check my numbers on the football pot that I'm participating in. I'm more excited about the possibility of winning a few bucks than the game itself.

I am thinking about pigskin however...but only in the context of hopefully butchering a pig that weekend!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I only care because my team is playing. My husband has no interest in football, he thinks I'm crazy.

Butchering a pig, would be the perfect time to visit. My husband would help you. And the last time we butchered a pig my daughter stood there asking where the bacon was every 5 seconds!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You can't beat home grown pork - for sure. The meat is just better - richer, redder, sweeter(?) I can't even describe why I like it so much more...it's just yum. :drool This will be my first taste of AGH and I'm so anxious to try it!

I'm hoping we can get 'er done. It's supposed to be in the mid 70's this weekend...not sure if that might be a little warmer than ideal for butchering. The good part of that is that we can start early - and my neighbor is good and he's fast....so hoping we can get him shot, skinned, gutted, parted out and on ice within a reasonably short time. I'll leave the final decision up to him. The good thing is that our mornings have been really cool - 36 early this morning. Here's hoping! :fl

Latest posts