Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh the grandkids would be thrilled if you brought the bottle babies!

More bad weather huh? Eek! I hate tornadoes. Why the heck am I talking about moving south?

Ummmmm.......because we have sunshine and you don't?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
How did you guys fare today with the bad weather? Hope you and the critters are safe!

@baymule same to you!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It was amazing...we got less than a tenth of an inch here...barely had a few sprinkles. I'm afraid those north of me didn't fare as well...

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We were expecting 2-3 inches, tornadoes and heavy storms. We got 3/4" and it blew on out of here.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad you're ok!

Agreed, tornadoes are not cool! We had one up the road from us last year, but we have tiny tornadoes when we have them. No thanks on the real deal.

Thank goodness eastern TN doesn't get them very often due to the moutains, otherwise I might not be considering moving there!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We lived in hurricane country before we moved here. Hurricanes also spawn tornadoes. At least tornadoes don't spawn hurricanes.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
At least tornadoes don't spawn hurricanes.
Thank goodness!

Tornadoes here are usually small - but even a small one can do some damage. The system that went through over the weekend spawned 5 small EF1 (I think that's how they categorize them) tornados. I worry more about hurricanes than tornadoes though.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My daughter was born during Hurricane Sandy. My husband had run home to get everything closed up and nearly missed her being born. The doctor nearly missed it also, she didn't take me seriously lol.

Came home 2 days later... Well went to my parents' house actually, we had no power and no generator yet! The hospital had their backup generators running so we were the only people around with power for the first 2 days!

We have hurricanes here but they're wimpy compared to places like FL. They have caused a lot of property damage at times though.