Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
o_O So I have a list of things to do today, one was to check out the tractor "no start" issues. I bring this up as you have said you have been having similar problems.

Troubleshooter gives 3 things to check. Done. Unfortunately, a burnt fuse was NOT the issue. So, back to the little key/ignition starter part. My son did show me how to jump start @ starter, thankfully. Runs just fine then, so long as you don't turn it off. LOL.

Call supplier and none on shelf -- of course!!! Will get some in, maybe Friday, probably Monday. Crap. Then, I ask cost for this fit in the palm of your hand, 2" tall little piece of GOLD..... then he says $74.80 :eek: :hit .... WHAT????

The discussion was that once it starts spinning, it's a goner. Mine did & was, seems you said yours was spinning. Get ready to bite the bullet!! :he :th

Well, that's an hr+ trip that I don't need to do today. Headed out to get the screwdriver and jump start. We ole gals got to keep going & I have work for it today:hu

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep, ya do whatcha gotta do!

My son borrowed my tractor a couple weeks ago and he musta worked on the thing because it's not turning like it did earlier....so maybe it'll hold out a while longer. :fl:fl

I had to get a part for the lawnmower the other day ... thankfully only $31 dollars.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had a very healthy dinner. Some baked Cod and steamed broccoli. So - why do I NEEEEEED some coffee ice cream? And, of course I don't keep that kind of evil in the house, lol. With whipped cream... I want it with whipped cream. Don't keep THAT evil in the house either. Guess I'll go to bed.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They are great bottle babies - they love their bottle - they want their bottle - they fight each other over their bottles. They are making me crazy, lol! I can only hold two bottles at a time so I have to put one in a pen so I can feed the other two. I pen all of them together with mom every night and every morning when I get up the two bucklings are out. Not sure how they're doing that - maybe they get hungry and go hunting! Mama will let the doeling nurse if I hold her until baby latches on. She still isn't overflowing with milk, and even when the little gal nurses she'll usually still take a little bit of her bottle. As soon as I disud them I'll probably try to sell the two bucklings.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Haha! Bottle baby drama! Yep, time to sell! Come on Mama goat, where's the milk?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wonders never cease! Twice today I saw mama nursing two of her babies and I didn't even have to hold her! YAY! I see progress. I had to teach the biggest buckling how to nurse... he knew how to suck a bottle, but he sure didn't know how to suck a teat. He does now!

I have to go to my daughter's tomorrow. (four hours away) I'm still trying to decide what to do with these babies. I could pack 'em up and take 'em with me, but that would defeat the purpose of them stimulating mama to make more milk. Might just take the two bucklings with me and leave the baby girl to nurse. I'll only be gone over night, so I don't think she'll starve in that time - especially since she's the one that really nurses good. So good in fact, that she didn't want her afternoon bottle. Decisions, decisions!

I took off today (and tomorrow) and worked outside the whole day. Weather was gorgeous - sunny, a little breezy and topped out at about 78. But, it's supposed to be way bad on sunday. That's one reason I'm going to DD's tomorrow and coming home Saturday. I don't want to drive home Sunday in a tornadic downpour

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh the grandkids would be thrilled if you brought the bottle babies!

More bad weather huh? Eek! I hate tornadoes. Why the heck am I talking about moving south?