Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Color me embarrassed, lol. I'm blaming it on the meds... Lucy's baby is not a big ol' boy - it's a big ol' GIRL! YAY!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:lol::lol: Maybe you're eyes were crossed :lol::lol:

GOOD news, whatever the cause :celebrate Congrats on pink!!!!

I'm separating 10 bucklings today.....own pen to wean as they are old enough & eating very well. They are going to a goat auction 5/13. Want them gone, & generally decent prices, no dealing with scheduling visits to look, buy or not, etc. Then the four doelings will be left with moms for another week....I need to milk!! Only one doe had all boys, so others will still be nursed until I pull last 4. Of course, mom with all boys (trips) has never been milked...:eek: may be a learning curve there & mini nub, so short & small teats. NICE bag.

As you know, it's hard when you have a job, to keep a decent/doable milk schedule.

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Congratulations! And get feeling better :hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks @sumi !

As you know, it's hard when you have a job, to keep a decent/doable milk schedule.
It definitely is! Kind of a blessing that DH is off right now because he's doing the morning milking - something he has NEVER done before.

He and I had a bit of a talk... The first week or so after he resigned his job his head was NOT in the right place. He wanted to sulk and feel sorry for himself just a bit - (not that he doesn't have a right with all his health issues and not having a job right now)...but it makes it double-y tough on me. I told him I didn't want to be his mother and have to beg him to do anything but sit at the computer. Also, told him that I wasn't going to "ask" for his help with outside chores....but it's nice that he IS helping.

Anyway, the last few days he's been really coming around. He's working outside more and actually getting some of his strength back. The first week he did nothing but complain about how this hurt, or that hurt, or how weak he was. But, my firm belief is that the body wants to be healthy and wants to work towards that goal. He spent more time outside working yesterday than I did! I think he's finding his 'zen place' and learning to let the world of nature bring him some peace. YAY DH!

Next week we have a pre-op appointment where they'll give him another injection in that eye to prevent any bleeding during surgery. Yuck! The day of surgery we go to the outpatient surgical center and then we'll have an appointment at the office (the same day) as a follow-up. Not sure why we have to go there the same day, but ugh. That's going to be a long day and I'm not looking forward to it. But, I am looking forward to having it behind us!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Bleh eye injections... Gross! I hope this surgery helps him!! I'm glad he's out and moving, that will help his mood and his health! And yours too probably, lol

Hope you feel better soon. Hard to work full time and have a farm when you are sick!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear it sounds like your DH is coming round to the change. Keeping my fingers, toes and eyes crossed the surgery will go great for him! I think you both need a bit of a breather now :hugs

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Yay for DH getting strength! That's great!! I love working outside, even if I do hurt at the end of the day. Of course, that's also when the weather is nice and I can just enjoy it... LOL Mucking the run in shed, not really ever on the enjoy list :p

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He might find out that he is ready for retirement. He might find out that he is enjoying himself too much to go back to the old grind. He might find out that he was messed up in his job so much that it is going to take some time to de-tox from his awful boss and the peace he finds right there at home is just what he needs. He might get his head back together and be chomping at the bit to go back to work--at a GOOD place to work!

Latest posts