Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Studies have PROVED that being outside is good for mental health, and other studies have found that there is a fungus natually present in soil that gets absorbed through the skin and acts like Prozac,

Weeeelllll....I've been mowing last couple days, it's been dry, it's windy and there is so much stuff blowing around --- between the grass, weeds, and manure I've pulverized, I should be REALLY calm!!! :lol: Histamines roaring, also. Zyrtec helps.

So covered that I had to take a shower & wash my hair BEFORE I did evening feed chores. :thCouldn't stand me. :rolleyes:

But I've gotten a lot done during my few days off and makes me happy to say I've gotten animals onto some other pastures, so self feeding. Chicks hatching, will work on expanded pens
today. And some lime going out late day, rains predicted for Friday, will help wash in the manure & lime. I also have 4 days off next week!! :celebrate Will be back on track with chores after that.....still a list but shorter.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yay! My allergies have kicked up here too. We have been getting "cool" fronts and they always bring in some nasties that get things stirred up. Supposed to get another one tonight. I'm not complaining. It's May and we've still got "spring-ish" weather so that's nice (and so unusual for here). I don't expect it to last much longer though, so I'm going to try and enjoy it while I can. Wish I had 4 days off....

Looks like I'm not going to get a weekend...ugh. I have to work Saturday. We 'volunteered' our students to participate in the city wide clean up. I'll be driving some students to various locations while THEY get out and clean up a couple of school yards and the side of a fairly quiet road. Sunday I'll be driving my DH, his mom and sister to a funeral a couple hours away. It's for a distant relative that I never met, but I can't let them drive themselves. DH is blind, his mom is 85 (but insists that she's a wonderful driver :eek:) and his sister has a seizure disorder. Now - his mom does still drive more than we want her to - and his sister hasn't had a seizure in years and drives each and every day. But, DH doesn't feel comfortable being a passenger with either one of them. He kept saying he was going to drive but guess what - that ain't happening!

DH had lunch with his mom yesterday and he just called and told me that she had a fender-scrape a few days ago. It was extremely minor - according to her. The other car wasn't damaged and it scraped a little more paint off of hers. So, he's debating on what to do - if anything. You can't legally take a person's keys from them. We tried that with my parents.

We're supposed to get some rain today - that'll be great - garden needs it. I'll take an inch or so before I start complaining, lol.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Really? My stepdad just hid his dad's keys... But I would think you could call the DMV... Depends on how useful your state's DMV is I guess. It's good in NH but when we lived in CT... It was an all day event to get anything done!

Too bad you won't get a weekend. I think you need one!

One more doe to kid right?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I suggested DH research it and see if there's a way to get her driving tested. If somebody "in charge" tells her she can't drive and/or suspends her license who are we to argue with that??? ;)

Yep - one more to go. I'm a little worried about this one. She's a little ND doeling and this will be her first freshening. I never intended for her to be bred yet - but she had other ideas. Really keeping my fingers crossed on this one. :fl

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:flHope she does well!

Yeah... I assume the DMV has something in place, it's a common occurrence. You could probably also call your local police department and ask them.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
She'll probably decide to freshen Sunday when no one is home....ugh!

MIL keeps telling DH that her doctor told her she could still drive. I say - take doc for a ride and see if he still thinks that way!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My mom's doc told her not to drive when it was apparent she couldn't remember where she was going or came from. Of course, it was all my fault -- " I told him to tell her that." LOL
Says I just wanted her car. (Right...an old lady, 4dr sedan...next to my Jeep and Truck, I wanted hers.)

SO, I told her I would take her to DMV and if they had her drive & say it was OK to do so, she could. She never had time to go. Of course, she had time to remind me she had a license and it was my fault she didn't drive.

When does her current license expire/renew? You could advise DMV that she REALLY needs to be told driving test required.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Yikes, I hear you on the weekend!! Sometimes I need days off after my days off!