Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
We had a heat blast here last week, and hit the low 90's Wednesday and Thursday. Friday afternoon we finally got a rain storm, and the front blew in and it didn't get out of the low 60's on Saturday! It was down right chilly after the 90's!!

SO glad DH is recovering well. It can take a LONG time for the heavy drugs to get out of your system, weeks, actually, though most of the major effects wear off within a few days.

And your garden looks amazing! I guess I should start planning mine...

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I water everyone at least 3x/day in summer too. And winter actually, but that's an ice issue!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It can take a LONG time for the heavy drugs to get out of your system, weeks, actually, though most of the major effects wear off within a few days.
I'm not surprised. The worst part is that the anesthesia seems to have set off a really bad episode of his restless legs. He can't sleep at night and is worried that he's keeping me awake. Thankfully, if I get to sleep before he comes to bed I can sleep through the worst of it.

We're having a really rainy day today. We need it, so I'm not going to complain about the rain. However, I am going to complain about the tornado warning... geeze...don't need that at all!

Back at work today and have a little catching up to do since I was out most of last week. Ugh.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Weather people did say there was a tornado right in our tiny town but we didn't see hide nor hair of it... :hu Not complaining for sure! We had almost 4 inches of rain. We needed it, but I'da been ok if it woulda stopped at 2. Oh well - pigs are happy!

It was nice to walk on the shavings in the garden and not bog down in mud. I'll pick up more shavings sometime this week and try to get that project finished.

Next follow up for DH is Wednesday. Hope to actually hear some good news.

Other than all that - nothing exciting going on - and I'm totally OK with that!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Goodness, FEM, tornado warnings does not sound good. We had a tiny one pass over our farm in S.A. a few years ago. The second one in S.A. that I know off. Not sure who we ticked off lol Not much damage thankfully, it was tiny. But scary enough!

Hugs to DH and you. Fingers crossed for good news!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad you're all ok! That's a lot of rain!!

Hope this appointment gives you some actual information.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't even know how you guys do it. How do the animals take that weather? If it's over 90, I'm useless. Especially with any humidity. I'd never make it in Texas.
I'll take the heat and humidity over winter for 8 months and snow and ice and zero degrees!!! :plbb

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are getting absolutely pummeled with rain right now! We've had over an inch in about 15 minutes - it is crazy, crazy!