Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Forgot to report last night that I have new BACON BITS!!!! She had 8 of them in the main barn...but one of them got separated and I found it dead in the (area previously known as the) feed room. That's where I wanted them anyway, so I moved the sow over with a feed bucket then grabbed the little ones. Got them settled in and mama a good feed and they seemed ok last night. But, when I went out this morning - one is missing. Don't know where it got off to but I don't have high hopes for it. Six is a good number though. The other sow came up from the pasture last night, but she doesn't look close so I'll leave her free ranging for now.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH and I are taking a little road trip tomorrow. Just a day trip. Probably just a half-day trip before it's all over with, lol. We're gonna go be spectators at a goat show a couple hours away. We are deliberately taking DH's CAR! Just to make sure that I don't get goat fever and come home with an extra mouth to feed...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
NO, no, no! No goats in DH's car! And, actually, I bought 3 Nubians one time and put them in my Highlander back when I had it. Three crates fit just fine with the seats put down. Hmmmmm