Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad your DH had a safe drive to Austin. How far is that from you? (I don't know Texas!)

When are the storms supposed to happen? Sounds like you're pretty prepared!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Austin is about 180ish miles from us. Took him almost 4 hours because he hit some traffic - but he was taking it easy too. He's not as impatient as I am, lol!

I'm hoping the storms stay away too. Not sure why I feel like this will be an active year... Sure hope I'm wrong!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Glad your DH arrived safely! Now hoping the storms don't come, or if they do, won't cause any problems for you, but it's good that you are prepared in case. You just never know?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yesterday they told us the storm was going far enough east of us that we might not get more than a few showers.....This morning they said it took a westward turn during the night...ugh!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Hopefully it won't get too close to you.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm hoping the storms stay away too. Not sure why I feel like this will be an active year... Sure hope I'm wrong!

I feel the same. Probably because of ALL the crazy, severe weather all across the country this year -- and still! Living on or near the coastal areas has some extra reason to feel concern. I'm 50 miles inland BUT....this area of VA & NC is a prime target for many of those hurricanes. Haven't had any hit in two years and you know what they say about the "calm before the storm". Same with this coming winter -- expecting some harder/colder times this year. Hey, you guys may even get a few days of freeze and even snow!:idunno :hide

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
"They" are still uncertain exactly where this storm is going - but of course "they" always are! The westward turn it made last night brings it closer to us, so I'm betting we get a good shower or 6 out of it. Not sure how much wind we'll get. Top winds are still less than 50mph at this time.

I don't really want the hassle of this thing - but IF it's gonna head this way I'd like to miss work Thursday and Friday, lol. :fl Normally have Fridays off this time of year, but this week is the one Friday I'm supposed to work this summer. And, it's gonna be a baaaaad Friday. We have an annual competition with other programs in the Houston area. Our kids love it and we have won EVERY year - and have the trophy to prove it! The kids enjoy it, but it'll be from 7am until probably 10pm. I'm too old for those kind of hours! I would be ok if they just postponed it until October or so when it's cooler! We could even use it for one of our Saturday meetings.

I need to go out and check on a goat. She wasn't too eager to come up for feed tonight, so I definitely need to give her a good going over. She looks good, coat is slick but I need to check her eyelids. Sigh... parasites don't take a holiday.

This will be the third night that DH is gone and I'm all alone. Shucks, lol!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That sounds exhausting... Wow... The things you do for work!

How was your goatie? I had a doe do that a few weeks ago and I got myself all worked up... Everything looked ok though. She did it a few nights and then got over it. I don't even know, those goats are weird!

Latest posts