Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
ARGH - had a big ol' response typed and it disappeared. :(

Competition day is fun because the three of us gals who run the program are just a little (LOT) competitive. We tell the new kids that their predecessors have NEVER lost a competition! (not that we'd ever pressure the little darlins, lol)

We also have an overnight trip planned to San Antonio in July and a retreat in August at a resort. Darn it - I might be forced to go and have fun too!

Goat is lethargic - tail down - not very active. Eyelids are - eh- kinda medium pink, but I wormed her anyway (and 8 others). I don't have time to run fecals or even take any in right now... Don't feel like taking chances after I lost a doe last weekend...

I'm trying to sty awake for the latest weather forecast - but I might not last that long... sleepy!

Maybe it's the wine??

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the rain-it will make me stay inside and catch up with things I need to do. We've been building fence and slaughtering hogs, heck I need some rest too! LOL

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The tropical storm was pretty much a 'non-event' here. I know it did wreak havoc elsewhere but we escaped unscathed and I'm grateful for that! And, BONUS, I've got all my preps done for if/when we have another. We had less than an inch of rain and a couple of 25mph wind gusts, but I'm not complaining.

The goat that was feeling puny is feeling much better and back to herself. I'm really glad about that - I like that doe a lot.

Tomorrow will be a late day for me because of our field trip/competition. But, it does mark the half-way mark for our six week's from hell work schedule! Thank goodness!

I'm getting outta here a little early today because we had a working lunch and we have to be here at 6am in the morning. I'll be glad when tomorrow is O.V.E.R!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ughhh good luck tomorrow! Glad you didn't have much of a weather event though! When does your husband come back?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not much rain here either. We were promised flooding and all sorts of bad weather that has news anchors drooling, but all we got was a sputter and a spit.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had about 3/4's of an inch. The second heaviest rain we got was when I was outside feeding this morning...it was steady, but not pouring. The very heaviest rain we got (seriously pouring down) was after I had come inside, showered, washed/dried/rolled my hair and was ready to walk out the door to get in my truck and go to work. Where do you think my umbrella was? In the truck of course.... GEEZE! I got soaked twice in less than two hours. But, those two showers were about all we got except for a few really light sprinkles overnight.

DH will be home tomorrow. He'll get here late afternoon and I won't be home until several hours later.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Whew! Yesterday was a looooong day. I was up at 4:30a, at work by 6a, and not home from our big field trip/competition until 9p. Color me exhausted. BUT - it was a productive day for sure! OUR KIDS ROCKED! And won the overall championship for the 12th year in a row. Actually, we've won it EVERY year we competed. So, of course we tell all the younger students that they have to uphold the tradition, lol. No pressure of course! We compete in academics and sports - so it just proves that our students are awesome all around kiddos!

I slept in this morning and am just now enjoying my first cup of coffee. Coffee is good stuff!

Garden needs a little upkeep that I hope to get to this weekend. We're supposed to get rain on/off all weekend. Maybe I'll just go out and work in the rain if it comes this way. It'll sure be much cooler than the 107 heat index from yesterday...geeze.

Picked some figs Thursday evening. Think I'll put them in the dehydrator today. I didn't really get a crop last year, so this year's bountiful harvest will be appreciated.

Neeeeeed to make another round of cuts in the herd. It's gonna be hard because the goats I have now are all goats that I really like.

Need food and need to get busy.

Happy Saturday ya'll!