Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've actually hosed down before going inside on some days...was already wet so added some clean water :rolleyes:

I do that too - in fact sometimes I just hose down to keep from having a heat stroke, lol!

Hook panel onto your FE loader and lift it over a fence. Use the equipment all you can --- sometimes I forget this.

And that is why I dug out the gate that would barely open yesterday - now I can get the tractor through the gate! Don't have a backhoe attachment - sure wish I did. But, how hard would THAT be to change out???

Throw in some slobbery dog licks, equally slobbery horse licks, more sweat and dirt and I look like I died last week.

That's what I looked like after mowing the yard Friday. I was sweating - it was dusty and tiny little pieces of grass and dirt were flying through the air. I had dirt in my ears - YUCK and my eyes have still not recovered from being full of crap. I even had streaks on my skin where the sweat ran down through the dirtiness.... geeze. If the people at work could see me in my "home" environment - they would NOT recognize me, lol.

Today I got lucky and the horses came up through the gate that now opens. Yay - because I wouldn't have been able to get them through any other way. They distinctly dislike when I come to the pasture to get them. They take great offense and generally high tail it off in the other direction, lol. But, as soon as I get them up to a confined area they turn into the sweetest little ol' things - begging for carrots! Right now they are in the back yard. Might have their prospective new owners come look at them this evening if it doesn't rain....and it's looking like it might. If not today - then any day for the rest of the week until I leave on Friday to get the grands! Woo Hoo!!!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
But, how hard would THAT be to change out???

It's specifically made for this tractor so it's a matter of lining up to special tractor connections/hooks, connect up hydraulics and use the legs to lift & level as needed. Few big pins slide here & there...done. I put it in a place that is pretty level, place supports where needed, & it's off until needed. Just tedious sometimes to line up the several hooks & pins.

100X easier than the bush hog!!!!!!!!!

Glad you can now get the tractor thru the gate. Always something, right?

I you look at a place like Lowe's, you can get large matts like they use in restaurants....holes like a grid, black heavy rubber....fill hole, put this on top, add more fill. I swear, mine make it stable for years.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I am just learning tractors and implements. It's overwhelming at first. You ladies are freakin rockstars!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
My honey bear is teaching me how to run all of his equipment, skid steer, tractor, reach lift, etc. so he can sip tea under the shade tree :lol: not really, but it's fun to tease him about it. I love learning how to operate this stuff so I can be independent and we can be much more productive!! I'm learning to weld too :D I now some, but he's teaching me everything.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
100X easier than the bush hog!!!!!!!!!
That thing is just a _itch - no matter how you look at it!

I looooooove the tractor. I can get the hay spears on by myself! Yay!

I'm better on the tractor than my DH... at least I don't run it into the barn, lol. But, true confessions, I did slide into the livestock trailer once when I was driving through the mud and the tractor literally slid sideways. Barely a bump and no dents anywhere - that FEL is tough!

So, I had two ladies come look at the mini horses today. They were here for TWO HOURS. They had to see everything, hold everything, ask a bajillion questions which was all fine - but I don't have two hours at feeding /milking time to run a petting zoo! GRRRRR! And then when they're ready to leave and I ask if they think they want the horses she tells me " I need to ask my husband." What the heck? You come out here, take up two hours of my precious time and you haven't discussed this with your husband? This is not cool with me.

I'm tired and grouchy.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'd be grouchy too!! Some people just do not think things through and believe they are the only humans on the planet that matters. Ugh! Sorry they wore you down like that...people suck sometimes.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yrs back lady came, spent hrs, looked petted, asked questions & selected 2 minis she wanted. Price was discussed, she said she'd call back. Two weeks later she did. She had bought 2 elsewhere for less than 1/2, who were now very sick. She wanted ME to help her with correcting their issues with conformation, long feet, bad legs & advise how to treat the illnesses -- BECAUSE mine looked so much better, were healthy, registered, cared for, etc. Her new ones were none of this. :ep

I said you got what you paid for -- here's the number to my vet. Call the seller for any follow up help. She actually came back to my house a few days later, asking for help to halter break & leading. YEAH -- it takes all kinds. :lol: I gave her the name of a trainer....her minis were still sick.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yeah people want something for nothing. I back all my sales of MY stock, but I'd charge a consultation/training fee if someone had the audacity to do me that way. Self centered. Bet they were clueless as to how dumb that made them look too.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I do believe that eventually this lady will buy something from me. She was totally enamored with the goats but she needs pens - even asked if DH would come build them for her! WHAT?

Years and years ago I sold some goats to a lady that was a bit odd. She got her goats home and told me they wouldn't drink her city water since they'd always had well water at my house. She wanted to come and get some of my water so she could transition them. Okay,,, weird,,, but ok. Months later I came home from work one day and found her at my house filling up water jugs. I stopped that right then and there!