Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well if you're gonna get a horse, might as well save one from a one way ride to Mexico.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
IF I decided to get another horse - that's exactly what I'd do. How is the little one you got doing? I think I remember you sent him to a trainer for a tune up?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ok - enough of this horse talk, lol. I still have three horses in my pasture as we speak - so not even going to think about another one! :p

DH got up at 3am this morning to drive his mother to the airport. I did NOT have a good feeling about it. I asked him repeatedly the last couple days if he really thought he should drive her in the dark. His response - I can see better in the dark. And, I believed him. :th

I couldn't even go back to sleep and now I know why. He sideswiped a truck in the frantic melee of the "drop off" zone at the airport. Geeze freaking whiz! Very, very minor.... it was just his side mirror that scraped some paint off of someone's truck....but still! ARGH!!!

Eighteen days until his cataract surgery.

Sooooo, after he gets home and tells me the story and I didn't react in such a nice way HE goes back to sleep. Nope - not me - can't sleep. I went out to feed before it gets too hot. Supposed to hit 100 today - no telling what the heat index will be. I came back in and tried again to nap - nope. Went out and got on the tractor. I have a gate that's terrible to open cuz somebody put a lot of concrete chunks in the smooshy hole that it becomes every time it rains. Then somebody put lots of dirt over the concrete so it would be smooth. Sounds good in theory - not in practice. Every time it rains - and it rains a lot here - the mud sqooshes around and the pieces of concrete move and that gate has been a PIA to open more than 6 inches wide for a year now. It finally dried up enough today for me to get on the tractor and take the blade and scrape out ALL of those concrete rocks. Is there a hole there? Yep. Do I care? Nope. It's always been sqooshy there and it's always gonna be. But at least the dang gate opens now.

Guess what my mood is like today?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I feel the need to keep busy today - it was the same yesterday. Not even sure where my renewed energy is coming from especially in this heat - but not gonna complain. Well, I will complain about my stinkiness and the fact that my hair is plastered to my head with sweat and I just washed it last night. Actually, I wash it every night on weekends, cuz if I couldn't I wouldn't be able to force myself to put my head on my pillow at night - yuck!

Todays 2nd chore is to take down some temporary shelters that we put up about 3 years ago. They stopped being temporary and started being an eye sore about a year ago. They're down now and maybe later I'll put up NEW temporary shelters lol! Actually, one of the pens has a little wooden shelter in it - so that'll stay. I built it myself a while back and I'll NEVER take it down because I can point at it and say "I built it ALLLL by myself" and out of scrounged materials too!

Our wooden privacy fence came down during hurricane Ike and I wouldn't let DH burn it. I saved the 8 ft sections and was determined to build some kinda little rustic shelter out of 'em. So, I did. It's 8 ft wide and 4 ft deep and was never intended for anything more than a few chickens to roost in there - but sometimes I find goats hanging out in there too - just for shade. It's not really storm/rain proof because there is a little spacing between the fence slats. I think that's why they seek it out for shade cuz it'll let a little breeze through the gaps. I've got three or four more of those sections left that I need to do something with. Problem is they are HEAVY and I have trouble moving them myself. Not too hard out in the open, but to get them through a gate with goats trying to kill me is a pain. Ok, now I've done gone and challenged myself again, lol. I guess I will be forced to create something else out of 'em now.

Need to find food and get back at it.

Last edited:

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
dang FEM your poor DH has been going thru heck and back and taking you with him. I sure hope the upcoming cataract surgery makes life a lot easier for him.
if you lived closer we'd just trade a grandkid sized pony for a mini. I've been wanting a mini horse since I sold the last of my regular sized horses. dstr#3 has a grandkid sized pony she wants to get rid since she sold her property. oh, well...
stay safe in this heat.