frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
HOT 002.JPG
Whew...it's hot!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It got hotter too! Weird thing - is that I can take this high heat a lot better than lower temps with higher humidity. I was outside a LOT today. I work for 30 - 45 minutes or so and then go in and get a drink...then go back out and do it again. DH was trying to die outside today, lol. I sent him back in.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
IF I decided to get another horse - that's exactly what I'd do. How is the little one you got doing? I think I remember you sent him to a trainer for a tune up?
He is a sweet, in your pocket, friendly horse that just wants to hang out with his people. I haven't ridden in a month or so, it's too hot. I have saddled him up for visiting kids and led him around. He is not spooky, not scared of pigs, cows, chickens, deer, but a big wooden box did hold his attention for a few minutes. He is the perfect horse for kids, I tell him all the time that his job is to entertain children.

I think either you or @goatgurl needs to make a road trip and exchange ponies. Think of it as a mini-vacation.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I worked outside a lot today too. I sweated like I fell in a lake. Miserable, hot, sweaty--then the wind blows and picks up some dust, slaps me with it and makes mud. Throw in some slobbery dog licks, equally slobbery horse licks, more sweat and dirt and I look like I died last week.

You gotta stop letting that man drive distances. And don't you realize that men have this EGO that wont let them say they can't drive to New York and back?

Hope you get some sleep tonight.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
We have hit a cool spell after our high heat. We were up in the high nineties with very high humidity, and lows in the mid eighties. It's 70 outside right now and boy does it feel GOOD!!!!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
FEM :hugs Stay cool! As best you can. I do not like heat, especially after spending a few years in a hotter than the gates of hell part of S.A. where the temperatures got up to over 50*C (celcius) a few too many times!

How is that sweet goat of yours?

I saw a TV program on special pets yesterday and they had some mini horses on there. One cost it's owner 20.000 British Pounds :th

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I worked outside a lot today too. I sweated like I fell in a lake. Miserable, hot, sweaty--then the wind blows and picks up some dust, slaps me with it and makes mud. Throw in some slobbery dog licks, equally slobbery horse licks, more sweat and dirt and I look like I died last week.

That humidity is a killer!! we have it here most days & IF you are mowing on one of those days, add some mower sprayed manure to the mixture above and --- WOW --- you can't even stand your own self!!! :D I've actually hosed down before going inside on some days...was already wet so added some clean water :rolleyes:

We have hit a cool spell after our high heat. We were up in the high nineties with very high humidity, and lows in the mid eighties. It's 70 outside right now and boy does it feel GOOD!!!!

YES --- here, too! Been so up in high 90's -low 100's with humidity almost the same. Today, that cool breeze is here, humidity way low, windows open. Loving it! Had rain last 2 days so outside the dew is like it just rained but, will dry off in a couple hrs.

Since it's my first day off work in 20, I plan to bulldoze in the house so I can walk thru :hide Those were long 10 hr days often, add travel & home feeding AM/PM....you just shower and drop when you get inside. I have been walking in the front door, changing clothes, walking out the back!! I NEED a day of less stress. Off tomorrow also but, I may be mowing a 5 acre field a church has hired me to do within a couple weeks.....depends on moisture in grass. May have to wait a few more days. Will see. Always do a little work on the side when it pays well.

JUST KNOWING I don't have to do today is a relief. :cool:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
FEM -- I have one of those sheds built with privacy fence panels. Works fine, as the air flow is not severe for temps in cold and most rain doesn't get in either.

Hook panel onto your FE loader and lift it over a fence. Use the equipment all you can --- sometimes I forget this.

There is still a pile here that DS brought home from a job to remove them. Freebies! Some may be no good now but, I do need to move them to use or burn.

This is where that backhoe comes in handy as you can "reach & pull" with, move right & left, too. (I tell myself this as it sure does justify the cost) The pile is a place that I would be concerned about what crawlies may have decided to live there --- so it is a job that will be left until Fall when some vines die & cold creates less movement.;) I always cut very close all round the area before moving anything. There are some good treated posts in there, still useable.