Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yikes. Are you close to a river or anything that might cause big issues? Hope you stay (relatively) dry! Darn goats, why does hurricane season coincide with breeding season anyway?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Bless you FEM. You can find humour in any situation, it's official! Hopefully things won't get to that, hopefully :fl

I caved and googled it to see what's going on over there by you guys. It's looking pretty bad. Stay safe! :hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We have a bayou just a couple miles from us...it's out of banks. It's also where all of our water is draining into. It's already out of banks, but a good ways to go before it would get back here.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:fl I need to get some sleep, but I'll be praying for and thinking of you all over there. Stay safe, FEM and @baymule and your loved ones :hugs

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have two friends in the Houston area that I haven't heard from yet. One is a nurse in Houston, and one lives in Tomball, just north of Houston. Time sure had a way of messing with someone doesn't it? Sometimes days or weeks can fly by in the blink of an eye, and other times, every minute seems to be an eternity... We're waiting to hear from friends, wanting to help if needed but not sure how yet...

We've lived further south in both Alabama and Georgia and usually when a hurricane hits in the gulf, it then turns east, and spawns tornadoes, storms, and flash flood warnings in Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, and Alabama. My husband is waiting to hear but may possibly be headed your way to help in a few days. Meanwhile, we're having the "Are we prepared?" discussion here and are freezing water, checking supplies, etc. Not that we expect anything like what you guys are experiencing, but we don't like to wait until everyone else is at the store.
In a society with instant food, microwave popcorn, 24 hour news, and Facebook, the "not knowing" can be the worst. I often think things were much better when we weren't bombarded by news flashes every 20 minutes, and had more work to occupy our waking moments. :)
Anyway, thinking and praying for you guys in Texas, for goats, and chickens, dogs, and DH's eyesight. At the very least, it's good to know you've been prepared as much as possible before the storm hit and are the kind of people others look to when times are tough. FEM, I'm glad you got some sleep. Even soldiers in battle need sleep sometimes. I hope you guys can spell each other and get the rest you need. Like I used to tell my husband, "Sleep well, but sleep fast!" ;) Good night @frustratedearthmother and @baymule and all of our other east Texans out there. .

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My sister is taking water in her house in Conroe. :( BIL was trying to catch his little dog that won't go up stairs.

Thanks ya'll for your prayers and concerns. I am high and dry 200+ miles from Houston. It breaks my heart to see the city I was raised in brought to her knees. The mayor should be kicked in his ass, he did not issue evacuation orders. The governor of Texas urged everyone to flee the storm, but the mayor of Houston told everyone to stay home. What a stupid ba$tard.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
FEM stay safe. It might be a good idea to sleep upstairs tonight if your master bedroom is on the 1st floor. I don't know why, but water seems to rise at night, what a bad way to wake up.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was wondering why there were so many people in Houston. Duh, what an idiot. The first newscasts said Houston was going to take it rough... Not exactly a surprise.

FEM I hopr you wake up to a dry house and barn. And Bay I hope your sister and family stay safe. Update us on Greybeard too if you would- I like him a lot and I hope he, family and livestock are safe.