Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Kate is a good bit north of Houston in Trinity I believe. At this point she may be getting wet!

I don't blame anyone for not issuing an evacuation order. Yes, a lot of rain was forecast and people have to decide things for themselves. I would not have listened to an evacuation order in any case. Might I live to regret... uh...maybe? But, I still would not have left. Call me stubborn, lol. When this started they called for 25ish inches of rain. I'm afraid if an evacuation order had been issued we would be in he same state as we were in Rita - wouldn't have been good. Damned if you do - damned if you don't.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes, Kate is in Trinity county. She is getting a lot of rain, but she won't flood.

Greybeard lost power earlier today. His house is 6 feet off the ground and is 2 story. If the water rises into the house, they can go up stairs. If it gets that bad, his cows will drown.

FEM stay safe my sister!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Can't sleep...too many "what if's" in my head!

We've had a break on the amount of rain from last night. But, it is going to hit us again. It's 4am right now and the latest report is that Harvey is moving offshore and will come back and hit us right around Galveston. It may possibly bringing another 40-50 inches of rain. My worry is the river/bayou's that can't contain it all.

Fifty-five miles south west of me, in Bay City there are mandatory evacuations. They are predicting 10 feet of water in downtown. Having trouble wrapping my head around that! Ten feet would put water into the second story of my house... that's crazy!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
FEM you need to try and rest though I can imagine sleep must be hard to come by at the moment, with all that going on :hugs Praying things will go as o.k. as it can do, everything considered

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We're about 700 miles away, but our temps have dropped by about 20 degrees since Harvey made landfall. We're outside this morning and it is in the 70's! It feels like fall arrived since Friday. It's a very cool morning, and has been this way most of the weekend (which has been quite nice here but way out of season).
I still haven't heard from friends in Houston, but they're Texans (with a capital T) and are resourceful.
Galveston sure doesn't need to be hit again...

Latest posts