Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Thinking of you all over there and praying the storm will pass soon enough and you all stay safe! I'm not going to read about it, except the updates here. I'm worried enough already.

FEM, update please if you can get on here :hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks for all of yall's care and concern - it means so much! We're ok. I'm almost embarrassed to say that I slept in this morning. I stayed up until after 3am just on pins and needles. Alarms going off almost constantly on the phone. I finally just turned off the phone and went to bed. Sleep was hard coming, but I got three or four hours of good solid rest.

We've been so lucky compared to what has hit so many others. The rain bands hit us, and hit us hard but we would get a break in between and that's what saved us.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
So good to hear from you! :hugs It's rough in some areas over there from the sounds of things. I'm glad you are o.k!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We're really thankful!

Unfortunately, our roughest time may come days, or even a week or more, later. We are south of Houston. All that water will drain to the south. :( Don't really know what's yet to come.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This is the Allen Parkway in Houston. Channel 11 is off the air, they had to be evacuated. The news just asked for anybody with a boat to come help with evacuations.

image-jpeg.38046

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH and I just took a small drive around. It's baaaaaad! They're calling for mandatory evacuations about 15 miles from us because of the rivers and bayous that are rising. We're still ok, but just don't know how bad it's going to get. Right now there is only ONE route to evacuate from this area. We're hanging tough since we're not in the evacuation zone, but we may start taking some precautions. We're going to get our insurance and other important papers together and move them upstairs. I've still got options for the animals if it gets worse...but there may be indiscriminate breeding, lol. That would just be my luck...