Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Crazy weather folks!

Parents and brother are still at the friend of a friends house. Had a quick text exchange with brother and they're going to see if they can get back in their neighborhood to check on the houses. Don't know if they can get there yet though. Waiting for word from them.

DH's eyesight is such a frustrating and disappointing factor in our lives now. He's got another appt. in two weeks and we'll see what the options are from there.

Working like a madwoman trying to get my breezeway room into a makeshift bedroom for my folks. Don't know when I can actually get to them to bring them here but I want the room to at least look nice when they arrive. Doing one of those massive purges...eek!

I never thought of myself as a hoarder until now, lol! I guess when you have a lot of storage room it seems to make sense to keep something that you might need later. But when you lose the storage space ya gotta lose the 'stuff'!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
How are things by you otherwise, FEM? With the water levels and all that?

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
In another week, there'll be thousand of Texans happy to have what you no longer need. Who knows, but maybe this is just the time you were having it for...
So sorry to hear about the eyes. I finally read your whole journal. I hope you're ABLE to get to the dr in two weeks. Losing my eyesight is one of my fears. They're worse every year.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
In another week, there'll be thousand of Texans happy to have what you no longer need. Who knows, but maybe this is just the time you were having it for...
This is a wonderful way of looking at things! And true. With so many people having lost so much, any extra anything would be welcome now.

I was thinking yesterday, when things like this happen, natural disasters, it's good to be SS. Have a stockpile of food, a generator, extra fuel, skills, knowledge, being able to be o.k. in your home, if you're able to stay there, without having to rely on stores for supplies or anything. And being able to extend a hand to others in need.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I finally read your whole journal
Oh my goodness - you poor thing, lol!

In another week, there'll be thousand of Texans happy to have what you no longer need.

I hope so. The breezeway was a parking spot for all the grand kids toys. There are tons of toys that they've outgrown so that's all bagged up and ready to be donated to the Disabled American Veteran store, along with some kitchen tool/gadgets that I never use. I have an extra crockpot, a couple of blenders (don't know how that happened) and a small electric grill that are all going too.

was thinking yesterday, when things like this happen, natural disasters, it's good to be SS. Have a stockpile of food, a generator, extra fuel, skills, knowledge, being able to be o.k. in your home, if you're able to stay there, without having to rely on stores for supplies or
anything. And being able to extend a hand to others in need.

Amen to that! I was able to drive right past the lines of cars at the gas pumps, and the long lines at the grocery stores for supplies. However I did go through the express lane for some extra wine, lol! I think we could have kept the generator going for at least a month with the gasoline on hand. It would NOT have been fun - but we could have made it. Food stores would have lasted much longer! It was a good feeling!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good for you for being prepared! Is the rain over now? Sorry your DH is having so many eye issues still... As if you didn't have enough to worry about!

Side note- I haven't even read this entire journal. I guess I'm a slacker, lol!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's an absolutely gorgeous day today! Sunny and breezy with just a couple fluffy white clouds. What a difference a day makes!