Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep that's what I do too, works well for motivation, lol!

Lazy pigs- maybe they'll get motivated when the weather cools down. Mine nearly broke out again, she almost busted a wooden post out of the ground. She really really wants to go find her own food- your pigs need to step up the motivation level a little lol!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am really, really tired....wish I had done all the chores I had planned and then I'd feel like I deserved to be this tired.

I did work on the fence...I'd guess I'm about 2/3rds done. Might or might not finish it tomorrow. Did work on my bathroom instead of my bedroom. Hairspray does a number on my floors. Maybe it's because I use "super glue" on my head, lol! Any little speck of it that hits the floor attracts any other piece of dirt or dust within a 5 mile radius and glues it down. Mopping that floor is a major event. Also got the yard mowed, and got the mower stuck. It didn't get stuck in mud - instead got stuck in a rut..high-centered it and even raising the deck didn't help. DH came out and helped me...so we were able to power lift it a few inches at a time and move it out of the rut.

Laundry....ugh...floors...ugh...cooked...ugh. But, broccoli cheese soup is NOT ugh. It was pretty darn good and the pan of corn bread with it was pretty darn tasty too.

I want to be planning things and getting winter garden going and worrying more about the upcoming seasons...but... guess those things will work themselves out in due time.

And, my truck is depressingly filthy inside and out.

I need sleep! And snow...for whatever stupid reason I want me some damn snow, lol! Just for a day...doesn't even have to be much... just enough inches to cover everything and make it beautiful!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol snow is better than 90 degree weather in my book! Sounds like you got quite enough done, and yum on the soup. It's definitely a favorite around here.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey have you heard any more about the kiko buck? There's this kiko/alpine buck for sale up here and he is magnificent! Lol and HUGE! Not what I need in the slightest but I drooled over him for a bit.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm so annoyed - those people never emailed me back after the first time. Maybe they don't believe in disbudding Kiko's, lol. There are other breeders but these were right here in my hometown. I don't really want to go all over Texas looking for one. Their ad mentioned that they were cutting down on goats because they were moving...so maybe they've already re-located. Ugh.

Going to get outside and start working on that fence again. I'm so tired of this project - grrrr. I'm basically doing the entire buck pen. Tired of little Chester walking out through the panels every time he feels like it - and even more tired of the Nigi yearling doe walking IN. I especially have to get this done so I can give her a shot of Lutalyse. No way she's NOT bred after spending so much time in their pen mooching their food.

WooHoo - supposed to get another cool front this week, but have to wait until Wednesday for it. No snow though. :(

Thinking about gathering some eggs and hatching so I'll have fresh layers in the spring. Also considering ordering some more purebred chicks, (and still may) but why not also utilize what I've got?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh bummer. I wish people would just be decent and respond!

Grr fencing, how big is your buck pen? Sounds like a lotta work!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No joke!

My buck pen is roughly 100 ft long and 52 feet wide. It's divided into four sections so that I can close any and all of the sections off from each other. I also have a big hoop shelter that's divided in half cross-wise and can be accessed from both ends. So, I can have goats separated on either side of the pen that can share the same shelter and still be divided. Don't know if that made sense, lol. But, it works!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woo Hoo - I finished the fence project! I was really sick of it. It wouldn't have taken so long if I hadn't been using scrounged materials. I had to take down the old stuff....cut it to fit...and then re-attach it to a different area.

Chester is not amused, lol. He is no longer the 'herd sire', lol.

Lost a baby chick today. I've been sooo careful with them. I put mama and babies in the pen at night and let them out in the mornings. Can't watch 'em every minute I guess and one of em jumped into a water bucket today and did NOT jump back out.....poor baby.

The ONE quail that hatched is in a box in my bathroom now. I'm going to put more eggs in the incubator tonight. Not sure why my hatch rate is so dismal...but it is...grrrr!

Dad has been in a mood most foul for couple of days now and not being so nice to mom. Not gonna have that...nope. He's done nothing but sleep and yell for attention when he's awake. I'm ready for the funny guy to come back.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Your buck pen sounds like a great setup, glad you've got Chester contained! Lol so now you get to lute the Nigie too. That's a good thing.

Grr to your dad, can't be mean to mom! Need to change that attitude. Does she get upset about it? So hard when there isn't one of them that's doing alright who can be the "voice of reason". Guess that's your job.