Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
PIA is right! How are your parents doing otherwise?

Also important, when do you start breeding those does?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Been a rough evening...geeze louise! Dad has been doing great. He got up and went to the bathroom after dinner. We hear a big ol' thud and a big ol "ouch.: We dropped everything to run to the bathroom. The toilet riser (the one I've asked DH to check) came loose and dad fell. I shoulda checked it myself... damn. I know better than to let anybody else do what I should do myself.

He's a tough guy...has a little cut on his hand. No bumps and bruises anywhere else, but he did say his hip is a little sore. I gave him some motrin and he's in bed. Worst part is that we had to take the riser off the toilet and he won't be able to use it. That means he has to use the portable toilet in their room until I can find a way to make the other one safe again.

Now mom is sitting on the sofa and repeating, like a mantra, "B can't use that toilet - but I can".... "B can't use that toilet - but I can." Oh....and she forgot my name today.

This $hit is hard.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks, Bay. I'm alright. I just hate to see my daddy on the floor. Actually it seems to upset the rest of us more than it upsets him. I'm tellin' ya - the man is TOUGH! His mind is holding out better than his body....mom is the opposite.

THE ASTROS JUST WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!!! Awesome....just totally awesome!

Now, I can get some sleep...

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yay for your team winning!

Just saw that FEMA iS on their way to NH. After seeing what you're dealing with, I'm very very happy I won't have to deal with them!

Glad your dad is taking it in stride as much as he can. Makes it much harder when they are embarrassed or upset about it.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You know the toilet chairs that sit over the actual toilet is nothing more than the portable one -- with the bottom cut out of the plastic slide in pot underneath. Moms had a back rest, arms to hold, etc. Just saying....check out what you have there.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Different weekend - same chore list. Still have to get more welded wire over the holes in the stock panels. Still need to get a planter tub from the garden area up close to the back porch and get it planted. Still need to do laundry, barn cleaning, check goats eye membranes and work on my cruddy, cluttered bedroom. I have a tendency to take the laundry upstairs in a basket and never move it anywhere else. So, I dig through it when I'm looking for something and make a total mess of my fresh laundry...ugh. Need to be more organized up there. Bottom half of the house is pretty good (thanks to my awesome caretaker/housekeeper). She is a blessing in my life right now....only thing that could be better would be if I can teach her to stop hiding things from me, lol! She doesn't do it on purpose - just not familiar with everything.

Still not really worried about what does are bred and what aren't. There are a couple that I'd really like to be bred so if I catch 'em in heat I'll arrange a date for them - if not - it won't happen....(unless we have any more escapees!) One of them that I wanted bred is getting a suspiciously large belly - so I think she took matters into her own hands...or an escaped buck did! Pigs are annoying me....they are just laying around waiting for handouts instead of getting out and grazing. Grrrrr

Need to mow the yard, hopefully for the last time this season. Never got to that last weekend either. I don't mind that chore at all. I'm partial to chores that take no brain power and still give a nice outcome, lol. I need more of those ...

Guess I should get busy.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Take washing basket upstairs and empty it on your bed. You want to sleep? Put laundry away first :D It works, trust me, I know ;)

Latest posts