Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
At this point I've decided to just stay out of it and let 'em fight it out, lol. Dad is upset because I told him he was being mean. I also told him he's been in bed for 2 days and that's not good. So, mom keeps sneaking in the bedroom and trying to make him get out of bed. They are both just like two sneaky, naughty kids today and I need to just walk away (figuratively of course, lol) and let them deal with their own marriage.

And yes - I definitely need to catch the evil little Nigi and give her an injection... yay, fun! :ya

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a doe bawling !! And tail twitching!!! she'll need to get over it -- I'm not in the mood to do goat romance tonight. :(

FENCE -- I'm there with you. It's such a challenge with goats. Mine don't even respect hot wire. I'm daring to set up a REALLY hot zapper to get them used to it!!!!!!! The horses respect, even the stallions. Damned goats :he

I need to win the lottery. :hide I'm of the opinion that a moat around their field would work better than fence, given their aversion to water.

Ahhh, yes, we are getting the cooler Fall weather this week and it would be nice if that was as cold as it gets thru Winter. Fat chance -- but, I can hope. I hate the THOUGHT of any snow, extreme cold, ice, all that crap!

OK -- time to change this whine time to wine time. :lol:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I need to win the lottery.
Amen, sistah! I could make good use of a few extra 'Washingtons' these days, lol!

Chester (pygmy buck), the little sh...shooter, was out of the buck pen yesterday. However, he did NOT breach the new fencing that I put up. He squeezed his rotund little behind through the gate. There was a gap between the gate and the post that does NOT exist anymore and he is all kindsa PO'd now! Funny to watch a tiny little goat throw an absolute temper tantrum because he can't get out anymore!

I put a few more quail eggs in the incubator last night and I'm about to add some hen fruit too. I'll collect chicken eggs for another day or so and get them started. I need some new layers. I need to cull some old layers and some old roos. I want dark Cornish in the spring too. I needa make room! I like hatching in the fall because by the time the days start getting longer in the spring the new ones will be laying. Course, this is kinda LATE fall and they might take a little bit longer but that's ok.

Had a rough morning with mom. Everything was great last night with both of 'em. The caretaker called me a couple hours ago practically in tears herself. "Something's wrong with your mom".... Ok - so what's wrong? She says she doesn't feel good, she's shaking and having trouble talking. She occasionally has a really bad day and this morning was one of those times. She kinda gets lost inside her own head and she gets agitated when she can't make her brain work (her words). I went home and checked things out. DH was in between calls and came home too. We gave her one of her "anxiety" pills and she was calming down within a half hour. I came back to work and expect things to be ok for the rest of the day. My poor caretaker though...she'd never seen mom that way and it scared her. I need to give her a raise!

I picked up some broccoli and cabbage starter plants yesterday. It'll probably be this weekend before I can get 'em in the ground somewhere - but I definitely will get 'em planted. I think I'll move the little pigsters outta the garden area and actually use that spot for growing plants. Wish I hadn't taken down the panels that divided that area in half....but I did. Oh well...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks Bay. I don't always feel like a good daughter. When mom gets that way you have to be kinda....stern isn't the right word... I guess "firm" with her or she'll stay befuddled. I have to ask her questions and just keep at it until she comes out of it enough to answer me. I can't baby her when she's like that - it won't pull her out of it. I think their caretaker thinks I'm cruel ...:(

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's like dealing with a toddler that has authority and commands respect. It is a hard balance to keep. You want to cherish and respect your parents, but you have to do what is best at that moment, and do it with love in your heart. I think you have a pretty darn good handle on it.