Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh noo! You sound like me... Except my DH pulled in the yard at exactly the right time!

Electric fence sounds pretty good right now huh?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When we fist came over to Ireland, about 4 years ago, we stayed in a haunted B&B one night.
THAT is DH's dream! We went to the haunted Winchester House in California a couple years ago.... that place CREEPED me out. Most of the tour was hokey touristy stuff - but when we got in the room where Ms. Winchester died - my hair was standing on end and that was before they told us what happened in that room. I did not like it - felt really, really disturbed for the rest of the day...and we had a blow out on the rental car, and the "boutique" hotel we paid a crud load of money for that night was a total disappointment. I blame it all on the house, lol!

@NH Homesteader - electric sounds pretty good - NO PIGS sounds better, lol! I do enjoy the stinkers, but right now - they're annoying me. Plus I expect to walk out and find new babies any day now.... just what I need - but they're so stinkin cute! No excuse this time though - EVERY MALE PIGLET WILL BE CASTRATED. Not because of taste - but because of too much reproduction around this place!

Got a raised bed cleaned out and got some remaining cabbage and broccoli plants tucked in there. Also planted a tiny row of turnips and broadcast some lettuce seeds. I'd like to put some more root crops in. The chickens have mostly stayed out of the garden today. Just one ameraucana hen in there today but she's not bothering anything. Still want her out - gonna try to catch her up and toss her outta there when I go out to milk...it'll be dark by then.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Umm.... No. Not gonna happen. I like creepy shows sometimes but I do not intentionally go to creepy places!

Yeah no pigs sounds good sometimes too, lol. Just like no chickens... Until you think about store bought eggs and factory farmed pork. But some days ... They just get under your skin! I wish you could just ship me some pigs, lol. Help both of our causes!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Staying in the haunted B&B was not intentional! We drove up to Cavan to view a property for sale, stopped at a cafe and asked for a B&B recommendation. That place had room for us. The landlady didn't say anything about the resident upstairs already and was so dang unfriendly I didn't dare ask. (She was not Irish, Irish landlords and ladies are wonderful hosts). Loftus Hall would be a deliberate ghost hunt though :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
How cool is this! It has shingles on it to help with hoof wear.

upload_2017-11-13_10-39-18.png

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Looks easy to build and goats would LOVE it! I could use a simple shelter like that ... and/or it would make a good hawg hut too! Pinterest gets me in trouble.