Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
sheesh you need sleep! I am also an unpleasant person when I'm tired. My DD was always a good sleeper, hoping this one will be too, or I'm going to have some grumpy days! How is the search for assisted living?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had a list of places from "A Place for Mom" that I've looked at online. I've narrowed it down to a few places that I need to go visit. I struggle with it because I know there are aspects of their care that won't be as good as what they get with me....but there are other aspects of their care that they need that I can't cover as well as a facility could. It's just such a hard decision. All they want is to go home - but it is clearer and clearer that they can't take care of themselves. I've toyed with letting them go home with full-time care, but I really don't think that's the best option either...

When my babies were little I didn't work - so it wasn't so bad...I would sleep when they would. Can't do that with mom/dad!

I hope your new one is a great sleeper too!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
but there are other aspects of their care that they need that I can't cover as well as a facility could. It's just such a hard decision

The decision making will never get better. You are seeing that it is not good for your health either. :hugs

1) Get overnight care for a couple of days for them, so that YOU can sleep!! You will think more clearly. My respite was when mom had to stay in a hospital a few days -- mainly because the doctor at the ER said "YOU" need a break!

2) While rested, go see the facilities and book them into the one which has the most "pros". Maybe some have a respite care wing...short term stay...while you see how it goes. None of them will be perfect and you can change later if need be. You are correct -- 24/7 care is now paramount -- and their trained personnel are there for that.

NOW......goats can be bred, you can sleep. Believe me, it will all work out and settle down. Besides, then you will have time for the FEMA people :he :rolleyes:

I am having a totally bassackwards day here......so trying to chill by checking the forums. Computer screwed up, loaner is not fun, reports need to happen, work needs to be done. 2 hrs with tech support gave ne nothing -- my own concensus was correct for the matter but... :p Work is not happening -- AND I have 11 does out! Buck may join them -- who knows! He is hell on fence -- and ya know what? I don't even care! :hu

THINGS WILL GET BETTER -- eventually :old

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
FEM, I hope you can get some sleep..

Mini Horses :hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Man, I wish I could have - ended up working right through lunch. And, to make life so much better my right shoulder is giving me fits. Not sure why because I don't recall doing anything spectacular to hurt it. :hu Just "catches" every now and then, but when it does - oh my - my mouth gets away from me!

I had a problem with it a couple years ago and got a cortisone shot into the joint and a couple months PT and it did get better. I think I probably need to follow my PT's former advice and ice the heck out of it for awhile before bed and then sleep with a heating pad. However, tonight I'm not doing any of that - I took a Tramadol and a glass of wine....so much easier than icing and PT and all that mess. Also probably ensures that I WILL sleep tonight. YAY!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ughhh you didn't need smoother issue! But, go sleep! Maybe it's the excuse you need for a good night's sleep.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You can't keep this up. YOU will be the one that winds up in a nursing home! Yes, it makes you feel bad, yes you will feel guilty, but you just can't do it all. You aren't Super Woman and you have to take care of you so you can take care of your parents. Assisted Living is the best decision, maybe not the one you want to make, but it will be best all the way around. Big hugs.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
What baymule said.

I hope you're getting a good night's rest now and your shoulder is o.k. :hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You aren't Super Woman
Uh....yes I am! But, my cape is at the cleaners at the moment, lol!

Whew, what a difference sleep makes in your whole outlook on life. I turned off the alarm chime and slept last night. From 9p until 2a with zero interruptions...after that DH's alarm on his insulin pump was being a little _itch! But, I feel tons better....another week or so of sleep I might be human again and have to go get my cape from the cleaners, lol!

Shoulder is not being good to me. Can't move my arm backwards at all...which is better than not being able to move it forwards I guess. Makes putting on a bra or pulling up your pants a bit of a challenge, lol!

Finally dawned on me that Thanksgiving is NEXT WEEK! Don't know why I had this idea that it was the following week. Makes me wonder where I lost a week...yikes! Of course, we've got no big plans. I'll put together a very basic, but super delicious (lol), TG dinner. I think DH will go spend time with his family. His brother and fam are coming in from TN. I think they originally planned on staying with us - but not gonna happen. they will all be holed up in MIL's tiny apartment.

Hope to get more plants in the garden...might actually get the tiller out and do some serious stuff. I want to get some mangel beets (for the critters) and some more turnips for us planted. I really am wondering if we're going to have much winter this year (all predictions say 'warmer' than usual). In that case, I might go all out and see what happens.

As much as I hate to admit this - quail cage was open and there are ZERO quail in it this morning. Ok - just so you don't think I'm a total ditz...the cage door is tricky. The little spring loaded latch isn't as springy as it once was and I think it just loses it's hold and pops back. I swear...it's not my fault! (said in my best 3yr old whiny voice). We still have the ONE that I hatched and a couple dozen eggs in the incubator. Guess we'd better cross all fingers and toes in hopes of a good hatch.