Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Might start on that really cool a-frame shelter earlier than I thought, lol. Went out this afternoon to feed and found that a 'temporary' wood rack - emphasis on "TEMPORARY" when it was put up (about 10 years ago) had cratered and wood had been spilled all over the ground. Sooooo glad no one - or no dog- was under there when it gave way. GRRRR... guess that'll be my chore this upcoming weekend. Ugh. But, I should be happy that it fell in this weather instead of the heat of summer.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It sounds like good timing, that you saw that nice shelter just before this one caved… ;) Glad to hear no-one got hurt!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Whoops - I did it again! Saw a doe in heat and.... well... guess what happened? She magically came into the front barnyard, met up with a buck who was waiting on her, and the rest is history!

Moved the itty, bitty single quail outside today. Hope she's still in her pen in the morning...I checked on her several times and she was hiding under the branches I put in there for her - so I hope it'll be ok. Poor little thing...she's always been alone. Finally, she's at least in a cage next to her own kind.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oops funny how that magically happened huh? Well if you're going to have goats, you might as well have milk and kids to sell (sell- not keep! Remember that part! Lol)

Hope your little quail is happy to be outside! You have some more eggs going now right?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That crazy hussy was still running around flagging her tail this morning. Hope yesterday 'took' cuz I'm too tired to think about arranging another date for them right now.

This is day azillion that I haven't had a full night's sleep....or much more than a minute or two. I can't keep this up - I'm NOT a nice person when I'm sleep deprived. I've been leaving the alarm alert on for doors opening and with mom getting up multiple times a night I just don't get any sleep. I think it's even worse than a newborn, lol. At least you can put them in bed with ya and pop a boobie in their mouth, lol. See - I lose all filters when I'm tired too!

I went through the polysomnography (sleep studies) program here at the college a few years back. I actually know how your body suffers from lack of sleep. I have witnessed the changes in personality and physical health when a person is chronically sleep deprived. This ship is real! I am having way too many physical symptoms (and a few of the mental ones, lol) to keep this schedule up.

I snapped at DH all night for other reasons and both of us are dragging butt this morning...but he's so sweet...he just takes it and says it's ok and I feel even more like a heel. Grrrrrrr at myself.
Tonight the alarm will be off.

Yep - have chicken eggs AND quail eggs in the incubator - and another batch of quail eggs ready to go in. Kinda wishing I hadn't set the chicken eggs - but oh well. The one plus on chickens is that they don't have to be kept in cages and hand fed and watered. They will rummage around for food/water on their own and a quail in a cage can't do that.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
FEM, get some sleep!! Several hours worth :hugs I'm a bit of cow myself when I'm tired. You're lucky you have a sweet and understanding DH. How is he and his eye issues doing now btw?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I totally plan on closing my office door at lunch, turning off the light and not answering any phone calls and TRY to get some sleep. I've never really been able to sleep in the daylight hours - but I can get it real dark in here....:fl

His eyes are pretty much the same after the latest bleed a few weeks ago. He did have a round of laser surgery on the right eye a week or so ago....(I've lost all track of time...ugh). Hopefully that will prevent any new bleeds. But, his vision isn't getting any better in that eye because his field of vision is still full of unsettled blood. Still waiting on that to settle....and depending on if it does or does not will determine whether he needs the more invasive surgery. Story of our lives right now - hurry up and wait, lol.