Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about your quail. What a mess! You just don't get a break on fencing issues! I hope you get a good hatch!

Keep sleeping. Life is easier with a functioning brain. :hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol - DH was supposed to be in charge of the quail....that's what he gets for being a slacker!

Sleep - it does a body (and brain) GOOD!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Gah! Bummer on the quail! Hope you have a good hatch, you kinda need them now... Lol

Sleep again tonight, I recommend it!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Your quail are gone.....you can't win for losing...... :he Hope your Thanksgiving goes well. We bought a spiral ham and got a free turkey. Maybe some day I'll get brave enough to raise turkeys, but not now. I'm going to spatchcock it and smoke it on the pit.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They can be more finicky, probably lose a few more. The real difference is in incubating. Hard to get a decent hatch rate. Chocolates are the hardest, they seem to keel over more often (of course, that's the breed we chose after all). But if you get some standard bronze or something, not as bad.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, this is the final dang straw...DH is sick. Just hope it's not the flu....

I. Will. Not. GET. IT!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And, I figured out why my shoulder is muffed up... The last time I had this problem the doc kept asking me if I was doing any work over my head. Nope... the worst over head work I might do is to change a light bulb. BUT - I had been working in the garden. Picture this: When you're bent over and reaching out in front of you pulling weeds - it's just like working with your arm above your head. That's what was happening last time. Same thing this time. I cleaned out a raised bed and pulled a butt load of weeds....and...VOILA - shoulder is muffed up again. Well, at least I know WHY it hurts, lol. From now on I pull weeds with my LEFT hand!

I bought another bunch of plants - broccoli - collards - cabbages - leeks... I WILL have a fall garden. It's fall - ish. I'm gardening. That makes it a fall garden - right?