Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I know this is a self-sufficient forum and I don't really feel like I'm doing much of anything to further our self-sufficiency.... just basically trying to keep our heads above water right now.
sometimes SS just comes down to making it to another day. Hang in there.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
She's doing ok...just got here around noon. She is zonked out! I asked them what dosage morphine they are giving her to keep her so relaxed.

Nobody knows anything about plans to discharge her so I guess she'll be here at least another night. Guess I shouldn't be so happy about that, but dang, I slept last night!

DH and I have talked about going ahead and trying to get her placed in assisted living. I think they can take one of them now. It will depend on her strength when she gets through this episode. My criteria for keeping them at home is that they must be ambulatory...if she isn't any longer then we'll have to get her to assisted living because she'll need the help.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think that sounds more than reasonable to get her placed now. And :hugs

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Glad you got some sleep :hugs I know you didn't want to split them up, but I think if there is place for her, it would be best to let her go. You can always take your dad to visit her.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They can still keep him on list for next room opening. My mom went from hospital to assisted living and it actually seemed easier as she was receiving similar care, so she didn't "miss a beat", so to speak. She did ask when she was coming back home and I told her not until her therapy was complete, so do as they tell you.

Such a tough decision but, when they need 24/7 from 2-3 people, it's time to accept that it has to happen. At a point in the future you will be glad you did. :hugs It will work out.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It will work out.
It will...

I'm not so pleased with this place she's at. She went in with prescriptions for certain medications in specified amounts and I find that the Nurse Practitioner has decided to change things a bit. She gets a psych drug 3 times a day - and guess what - it was prescribed for her Schizophrenia, by a physician. It's not for her alzheimers. So, I find out today that the NP decided she doesn't need it on a schedule - just if she's agitated. Nope! She needs it on a schedule for her psych problem and I told them that. So, to appease me they went ahead and gave her a dose - but it wasn't the full dose she needed. She kept getting more and more agitated so I told them this was all on them to deal with her in that state of aggression. In the five minutes before I left I put her gown back on her three times because what she does when she's agitated is to start taking things off/apart. She was throwing her bed covers on the floor, the magazine I took her was shredded and she was getting naked. Have a nice evening folks! Was that a tiny bit evil of me?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not at all. It always amazes how hospitals think only they know what medicines are right for the patient. The next nursing home will also want to change meds, so watch them.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not evil, it's the only way they'll listen evidently. I would get her to assisted living asap. If she has more pressing medical issues at home she'll end up back at the hospital... At assisted living she won't be bounced around.

Latest posts