Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Her feet actually looked better and felt a bit warmer today. But, she's got swelling in a hand and her neck now. She was basically out of it the entire 4 + hours we were there today - until dad tried to rouse her. She came around a bit for him.

They don't necessarily think she's "clogged" anywhere as much as she's just in a general body wide shut down. More likely heart and renal failure also. Her blood pressure was very low. There won't be any extra measures taken other than to keep her comfortable. We simply wait.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Big hugs to you. And you are right, your mom hears you. She may not be able to respond, but she can hear you. My husband and I sat with my mom as she left this world, talking to her, telling her we loved her. We told her loved ones were waiting for her, we would be ok and it was time for her to go. It is not easy, no matter what you do.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sooooo, right now I'm sitting downstairs watching water pour through the ceiling. I've done three things....turned the water off leaving the hot water heater, put a bucket under the water pouring from my ceiling, and poured a glass of wine. Brownies may go in the oven later.

DH should never impersonate a plumber again.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Noooo you need a good day now! Wine and brownies, good plan.

Any more goat kids yet?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm not even surprised...much, lol.

No more babies. I will NEVER not write down a breeding date again. However there is a tiny little voice in my head that is reminding me that breeding for spring break is always my goal....it's spring break already. These gals need to get this done or they may find themselves doing it alone. Too much uncertainty in my life right now.

I'm going to have to go to my office tomorrow - all mom and dad's paperwork is in a notebook there. They prepaid for their funerals years ago. I probably should go get it and have it ready. And I'll need to buy mom a dress. She always wanted to be buried in the dress she wore to her mom's funeral. That dress was lost in the flood. So sad.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:hugs It sounds like a wine and brownies day. So sorry to hear about the plumbing issues now as well! Hope those goats will hurry up and deliver, so you can concentrate on the rest without having to worry about them. Thinking of you all and sending hugs and prayers.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They prepaid for their funerals years ago. I probably should go get it and have it ready.

Yep, look through it because my mom thought she was pd up but, when time came it was not so. Only plot, vault & headstone Opening/closing not included, she thought it was (cost 2K) & no casket & no prep/service. I bought a casket online & had it delivered next day at 25% of exact one in parlor. Plus, if they have a "burial" insurance policy, vice having paid a "company" you may have to select a funeral home, or find not all is what was thought many years ago. $$ You will be agast. I got a call at 11:50PM and they wanted to know "who" ... not thinking at midnight, from dead sleep & with unexpected news. Had to find phone numbers & call....15 min later, they were calling me back with police there wanting to know (in our state they have to call police to come there). So, look at those things to lessen the stress on everyone -- that means you. You will be everyone. :hugs

Then, home said take your time to come get her things. Of course, so long as they were there I was being charged! $150 day is a lot for a bed to sit there. Daughter took off work and helped me move it all (we had to provide her hospital bed, so that & clothes had to move).

I tell you what, you can get into this world a whole lot easier than you can leave it. :old

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They purchased through a company, not a 'service.' Both of their coffins, above ground vault space, and graveside services are all paid in advance. But, I know there will definitely be extra charges. Transporting the body is likely to be the first one. I'm sure there will be others.

Hospice will be the first to be called. They come and pronounce the death. All the equipment at the Assisted Living facility that is specifically for mom is the property of Hospice. They will arrange to have it moved out.

I tell you what, you can get into this world a whole lot easier than you can leave it. :old
True. Totally true!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Then, home said take your time to come get her things. Of course, so long as they were there I was being charged! $150 day is a lot for a bed to sit there. Daughter took off work and helped me move it all (we had to provide her hospital bed, so that & clothes had to move).
My father was in a care home for awhile before he passed away (in hospital). My brother and I went to collect his clothes and other personal belongings from the care home and they kicked up a fuss for some reason, telling us at first we can't do it. Being very sad and shocked over his sudden passing, that got unpleasant.