Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Conan is no baby any more! He sure is a handsome boy!

Wow @Mini Horses that is some haul you are gonna make. Thornless blackberry canes, raspberry canes, herbs.....are you gonna get a turkey too? :lol:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses - That's a yearling Nigi doeling. She has the distinction of being the goat that I like the LEAST of all my goats! She dislikes me immensely and I feel the same way about her. She won't let me touch her - she goes through fences - she is a total _itch! But, she's cute, lol! If I ever get my hands on her I'll put her in a crate and keep her there until I can sell her evil a$$!

Sounds like you're getting a great deal on a goat and all the "stuff" that's coming with him. SCORE!

Yep - Conan is growing up. He doesn't even always take a bottle anymore. Sometimes I offer it to him and he sucks it down like he's starving...other times he just walks away from it.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
What's spotted next to him? Well, you wanted a good one. Looks like you may have him!

I looked at & selected a Saanen buckling today. :hide Pickup Sunday.....I'm already saying "WHAT??!" Hey, wanted one for a while and now have one. What I do NOT like is how hairy bucks get. Shave, guys! Just shave!!:rolleyes:

OK -- plus side -- she has turkeys, giving me all the thornless blackberry canes I can carry (seriously!) and some raspberry canes, lemon mint, catnip, wormwood -- I'm on a roll. Shovel in truck! :clap
Nice one on the buckling and score on the plants!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep...been wanting berries & balk at paying the price. I can get enough free to offset buy price for the goat. Those things are $6-10 a piece! I'm sure I will get more than ten of them! There's like a 10X20 patch & more sprouting out another 2-3 feet. :D

FEM -- this buckling has been bottle fed. He's in for a total meltdown here.:lol: 12 + weeks. It's grain, grass & hay! Sure would LIKE to bring another with him for company but not in budget, don't need 2, the doelings are more -- PLUS they would need to be separated again. So only one and he can be friends with the new bucklings born couple days ago. Turkeys? Tempting.

YES, I'd pen that doeling and dump her for sale. Why keep trouble?

OH -- one of my cats left me a "gift". Little dead bunny.
Thanks guys!! :(

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey @baymule you're not a question mark anymore! Love the profile pic!

Turkeys are tempting aren't they? Love them. So much cooler than chickens!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Been doing a farm clean-up the last couple days. I used at least a dozen pallets for "bridges" over all the mud and water that we had around here for soooo long this past winter and early spring and last fall and last summer and last spring. Those pallets are all in pitiful shape now, falling part and rotting in place. So, I spent yesterday evening and most of this morning pulling them up out of the dry, hardened clay and burning them. I've got two burn piles in the pasture and one up in the front barn yard.

It looks so much better out there without all those pallet skeletons laying around! Of course, it's supposed to rain tonight, lol. I might regret this tomorrow! But, I need to sell some goat and I just can't have people out here when it looks so pitiful. When I was a full-time SAHM people would come out and comment that my place looked like a park. I had time to take care of it then. Now, (at least until yesterday) it was looking more like a city dump than a park, lol! Better now!

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, I'm not quite finished with farm clean up - so she'll get a reprieve for at least a week or so. May or may not decide to work tomorrow... cuz I'm tired tonight...exhausted is more like it and I still have to go feed half the critters and milk. Already fed the does in the big pasture and the pigs and the dogs. Still need to feed the bucks, mommy does, Conan and his buckling pen mate. Oh yea - and the chickens.

After burning the pallet skeletons I decided to put some seed out in the buck pen. I'm not going to try and salvage that garden back there....if it grows it grows. I did notice the little bean plants putting on some new leaves so maybe all is not lost. BUT - I tossed some grass seed out in that pen today and in the other section that I've got closed off.

The sky was getting darker and it was a bit sprinkly so I wanted to get another section tilled in the front garden. I had been working around that area cuz there was 'stuff' in there that I needed to move. So, I got it moved. Then I tilled. Then I rowed. Then I got tired and quit. Still need to plant there, but at least it's ready for seeds now.

I need food! (and drink, lol)

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I second you on the drink! I'm busy with a glass of Guinness here. Sounds like you had a busy day too. Let's both take tomorrow off :)