Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Eat a pig? Lol! This weekend's chore is to get lights re-installed on the trailer. Then I can haul some of them piggers to the processor. I neeeed more pork in the freezer! (and my belly)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They're good! They get grumpy when they run out of graze, lol. DH is expanding and moving their electric fence frequently. He loves them. They're cheap to feed so they don't bother me like full size hogs. They just get the hay the goats drop and a handful of grain here and there and they're happy things! So funny to watch them graze. I think they're the perfect homestead addition :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think they're the perfect homestead addition :)
Me too!

OH MY GOSH! School shooting really really close.... Not our school district but a neighboring school district. The school itself is about 15 miles from my house. This crap has got to stop! No real details yet, but a father of one of the students who escaped says he saw multiple people on stretchers being taken out and Life Flight (helicopter ambulance) is on the scene ... Dang this sucks so bad! :(:(:(

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just can't get my head around why all this mass school shooting crap is so rampant. It is unreal.

Perhaps some of these kids would have done well to have gotten the "pop on the butt" that was old school pentance for bad behavior, talking back, not doing as told - whatever else mom thought was deserving of the swat! Riding bikes, climbing trees, family dinners, common courtesy, doing right from wrong and such played a big role in my upbringing. I don't want to hurt innocents. Maybe times have not changed for the better compared to the simple lives of times gone by.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh I could go on for days about why it happens but I'll save it for another place and not take over this journal, lol. Because I have a LOT of opinions on the matter!

Hope there's minimal injuries. I heard he was arrested, nothing else on my local news yet.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just heard there were EIGHT fatalities....multiple injuries... No break down on either staff or students. Shooter in custody...or dead? I just heard he was no longer a threat. I know people that live in that school district...some employees at the college live there and their kids are students there. Just soooo sad.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I thought it said in custody and there is one injured police officer. Very sad.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It says two suspects. One in custody and one detained. I don't know what the difference is then I guess.