Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Whew - it's been a long day. I found the issue with the electric fence and fixed that. No more worries there. Then the pigs found another way out of their area and into the forbidden area though the other gate - so I fixed that too.

Hooked up the trailer to the truck and found out that only half the lights work...geeze louise. Poor DH - he's so bummed. He thought he was doing a good thing, lol. But, he did half a good thing, right?

Not sure what's up with the goats and/or their feed. Went out this morning and noticed that they'd only eaten a portion of their feed from yesterday evening. What's up with that? And, two of 'em have diarrhea. I got this feed over a week ago and all of a sudden they're not eating it... I'm confused. So, tonight they got a smaller portion of what they usually get and none of the pellets that they left in their feeder.

Mowed the yard - and mowed it close. If we don't get any rain I probably killed it. If we do get rain it'll need mowing again day after tomorrow, lol.

I've been working most of the afternoon on a Father's Day meal for dad. It'll probably be his last...:( He's getting a bar-b-que sandwich on a King Hawaiian roll, home made baked beans and my special potato salad. It's his favorite meal. If I can pull it together I'll get him some strawberries and whipped cream too...along with some angel food cake. Not sure if he can handle all that though...his appetite has been waning.

Need to shower and hit the bed. I'm whooped and looking forward to a quiet day tomorrow. We'll go see dad and maybe take in a movie afterwards if it's not pouring rain. Don't want to be driving around with possible street flooding.

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've been working most of the afternoon on a Father's Day meal for dad. It'll probably be his last...:( He's getting a bar-b-que sandwich on a King Hawaiian roll, home made baked beans and my special potato salad. It's his favorite meal. If I can pull it together I'll get him some strawberries and whipped cream too...along with some angel food cake. Not sure if he can handle all that though...his appetite has been waning.

:hugs

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I believe Generac would be my husband's recommendation also, that's what he used to install.

You are a good daughter! I hope he enjoys his meal.

Hope the goats get over whatever their issue is. They can be a pain sometimes, it's like they don't want to survive! I'm glad I've realized early on I need to breed for hardiness first, and even then... They're still goats!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Went to see Dad this morning. He appreciated the meal but didn't eat a lot - his appetite has been dwindling steadily. He still forgets that mom is gone until we remind him, but he's not getting so upset now. Maybe the anti-depressant is starting to work.

Generac will probably be what we look at if I can convince DH - not sure why he's become reluctant lately...argh! MEN!

The guy who was supposed to come back this weekend for more critters - didn't. I'm okay with it because I can send the little milker to the home that I want her to go to now without feeling guilty. And then I started thinking about why I wanted to sell him the three barrows..... not sure why, lol. They are absolutely NO trouble. They don't break into pens and breed does - and they don't get bred! I think I'll keep them, butcher some boars and sell a couple of sows. The trailer lights not working properly is putting a damper on the plan to get to the processor. But, heck - it has one tail light and I'll pull it in daylight so I just might do it anyway, lol. My work schedule sucks for the next two weeks - probably can't take any time off. Most of the year we have a lot of freedom - but for this six week period there's no wiggle room.

I need to find a minute to go to TSC and get some different hot wire insulators. The ones I used across the gate are really short and the wire is about an inch from the fence. I want the ones that make the hot wire stand off about 6 inches from the gate so that the pig hits it before he can get his snout on the panel to lift it.

I'm really, really tired. May go to bed without dinner. Wouldn't hurt me a bit, lol. But, I wanna watch the weather. The way this silly tropical system is acting I wanna keep an eye on it. Ugh.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think it'll be fine. But, the longer it's bouncing around in the gulf the more opportunity it has to grow. But, the chance is very low according to the forecasters. Whatever happens we'll be good - filled up all the gas cans the other day so the little generator wont be hungry if it gets put to work, lol!

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hate this time of year when I have to keep/worry extra gas issues "in case". But, here it is again.:(

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Hopefully you won't need to use the generator. Hugs for your dad :hugs How are you doing?