Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hopefully you won't need to use the generator. Hugs for your dad :hugs How are you doing?
I'm hanging in there! Things are status quo for now. But, I do always feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop...

@baymule - I'd be glad to send you some rain - but thus far we've gotten maybe 1/2 inch. The threat is there and the sky is so dark that the lights are still on in the parking lot.

Looks like it's about to dump down on us any minute.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Sounds like you have some weather heading your way. We had a small storm (compared to yours in the States) and drizzle rain on and off for the last three days or so. The garden is loving it.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We got a sprinkle a while ago, it make a few plops in the dust and quit.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We're not getting very much rain either. We're a little south west of Houston and it looks like a bunch of it has gone east of Houston...but that might change. At work we had a couple good showers this morning, but at home DH said we've had a really light but steady drizzle most of the day. I'd say less than an inch still.

I sold another goat - woo hoo! That's both of the little milkers gone to the same home (a week apart). I feel sooooo much better about that.

Guess I need to figure out who to put in the second round that I need to sell, lol. I would really like to get the numbers down by about 10 more - but I don't WANT to sell 10 more! But, I'm going to sell the three Nigi's after the doe kids. That'll be ok. And, I need to sell at least 2 more bucks...or maybe wether Chester and let him live here forever! He's just too darn cute! (see why I have so many goats?)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woohoo! You're doing good! I won't ask how many goats you plan on keeping. I've been informed it's rude to ask a lady how many goats she has lol!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nah - it's only rude if you ask how many pigs a lady has, lol!!! :lol: Nah, just kidding. I have way too many pigs too...geeze. I think I'm at 17 pigs, but that's cuz I haven't sold ANY yet. (probably because I haven't listed any yet...) Can you say procrastination! I want to sell all 5 of the new babies...butcher two boars...let the three barrows grow out some more and sell a couple sows. That'll help - but ya'll know I don't move fast. From "thinking about selling" to having cash in hand can be waaaay too long.

Goats: I've said I'd like to get down to about a dozen - but I think if I sell 10 more it would put me down to 15ish? I really need to do a better head count! But, even 25 is better than 32!

Two more chicks hatched in the incubator so I've gotta find a broody hen to stick 'em under as soon as it gets dark. So far the broodies are doing well raising their chicks.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
For some reason, even though 17 is a lot of pigs, they don't really bother me much. Except when they go where they're not invited - argh. They're easy enough to take care of...mostly because I don't do anything but throw a little food at 'em. No hoof trimming, no worming, no worrying about birthings...they're just easy! And, they taste good!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I know, it's funny that we're getting rid of the turkeys to keep more pigs because you'd think the pigs are a lot more money and work.... They're so not! I bet they're a bit more difficult if they aren't pastured though. They don't go entertain themselves!