Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Gracie will kill any that she can catch....problem is the feed room is full of pallets. They get under the pallets and she can't get to them. She just looks at me like...."this is all your fault!"

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Where is fall? I NEED a cold...or even a cool front so I can get a pig (or 2) in the freezer. I'm so tired of feeding them..not the money of feeding them...the WORK of feeding them! Getting lazy in my old age I guess.

Supposed to have a heat index of at least 100 today. What the...? It's October! And, eyes on the Gulf for possible tropical development. :th Can't wait 'til Christmas - probably need sunscreen, lol.

I think my attitude lately is a total result of food deprivation. BUT - I have broken through a plateau. I was stuck. Kept at the same weight for a darn week - but as of this morning I'd conquered it!!! Yay - just hope it stays away. :fl

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good for you! I won't tell you what I'm cooking right now lol (ok I probably will over on my thread, so you can avoid it if you want!)

It's about to go up into the 70's here. What?? Not very October like. We have to get a goat and 3 roos in the freezer, it hasn't even been cool enough here. It'd better cool down before deer season!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It'd better cool down before deer season!
Agree! I'm absolutely sick of this....I go out every morning and every evening and feel like I should just give it all up. It's not fair to the critters to live in mud 8 months out of the year...

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah goats were made for the desert! So hard to fight Mother Nature!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm going to be building a coop for the Silkies this week, or starting on it anyway. Then I have to build a super dog house attached to the sheep barn for Paris and finish my diabolical plan of moving her out of the back yard. Those are my next two projects.

We keep talking diet, but he buys crap, ice cream and junk food. That makes me mad, so why bother cooking all this healthy meals when he blows it? And if it is in front of me, I'll eat it too. :he

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@baymule - You asked about almond flour cornbread. I haven't specifically made almond flour cornbread - but a lot of things made with mostly almond four have a cornbread type texture. But, I found this:

http://eatfatlosefatblog.com/low-carb-keto-cornbread-recipe-almond-flour-bread/

I WILL be trying it soon! Might or might not use all those green onions...:idunno

This round of "dieting" has been harder for me than ever before. In the past I've been able to lose weight easily once I put my mind to it. Keeping it off is the problem. It's easy to say 'this little bit won't hurt me' but I've learned over the years with MY body that 'this little bit' will hurt me, lol. It's a battle I always have to keep in mind. But, I'm in the 'zone' now and my will power is strong. I have a goal and I am so competitive, even with myself, that I won't stop until I hit that goal. Plus - I'm 62...not much time left to get in shape! I want to be healthy for as long as possible before I just give up and sit on the couch with ice cream! (But, man that sounds good.)

I wanted to put up a Craigslist ad for this weekend, but I have to work Saturday and I don't want my Sunday to be spent waiting for someone to show up. This is one of the reasons I hate to sell animals - I hate to deal with people! I could so be a recluse...