Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes it does! Geeze, I might have to get mad at him more often, lol.

It's cold! And, just so I can keep up with NH - we had snow flurries this morning! Absolute craziness! Flurries might be a tiny exaggeration - but I did see some flakes/pellets/frozen stuff falling from the sky when I was out feeding this morning in the 40mph winds. Finally got to work, about 20 minutes late, and my hands are just now warming up. AND, I have a heated steering wheel.

Even worse - I just got settled into my office and realized I DON'T HAVE COFFEE!! I don't remember if I left it in my car or if I left it at home. Trying to decide if it's worth running down the stairs and across the parking lot to see if it's in my truck getting cold right now. ARGH!! Guess I better go see. I won't get through my morning without a caffeine jolt.....

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Whoa, snow?? Well, even kinda snow is impressive for you this time of year lol! Or any time of year, really!

Go get some coffee!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ugh - coffee was NOT in the car which means it's sitting on my dining room table laughing at me! It's a good thing I had a big mug full before I left - but I still miss it....

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sooooo, at lunch I started my Christmas shopping. And, I do mean MY Christmas shopping, lol. It dawned on me this morning that all my open toed shoes were not going to cut it in this weather. I am now the proud new owner of a quilted insulated black pair of boot(ies). They aren't the hooker high kind of boots, lol. These are a couple inches above the ankle type. Then, because I've been looking for some brown closed-toe shoes for awhile I bought a kind of "clog" that's fur lined. Love them! Next stop - Tractor Supply for some Muck's. I've never owned an actual real pair of Muck boots - but now I do. Plain ol' rubber boots just don't keep the feet warm especially when walking in freezing-ish water. I had an insulated pair that works pretty well, but they're not knee high. They're mid-calf high and my mud is deeper than that...ugh! Got a great deal on the first two pair. Started out at $90 for one pair and $60 for the other and with all the discounts/coupons I could find I got out for $112 for both pair and that includes tax and all that... I'm ok with that. No discount on the Muck's - but I didn't care. I woulda bought 'em at twice the price!! Next on my list - insulated coveralls. I was surprised that I didn't see any at Tractor Supply - but I didn't have much shopping time left - had to get back to work. There's always tomorrow!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love my Muck boots! I've seen some complaints about them lately but I haven't had any issues. And my feet are warm! DH wears his making snow too!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My feet were warm when I was feeding.... it was great! I also bought some gloves. I usually don't wear 'em unless it's terrible out - but I'm going to train myself to tolerate them, lol.

It was 58 degrees inside my house when I got home today. Decided it's time to go ahead and turn the furnace on - but I only set it at 68. Going to try to keep it down but I'm sure I'll give in... I'm a wuss and I like to be warm. Right now my feet are freezing! Need to go find some socks or slippers cuz this winter thing must be for real ugh.

Got comfort meatloaf in the oven... I love meatloaf - DH not so much. What he does love...ugh...is plain ol' baked hamburger meat. A little salt and pepper and baked meat...blah, blah, blah!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We disconnected hoses, cut off water to the spigots and drained them yesterday. Every spigot has a cut off valve. We watered all the animals and it's so cold, they aren't drinking like they do when it is 105 degrees! Today there were snow flurries. In NOVEMBER!!!

I made orange bran muffins today with walnuts, pecans and raisins. DH can warm them up for his breakfast. He loved them.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
they aren't drinking like they do when it is 105 degrees!
Ain't THAT the truth - thank goodness! I saw a couple pieces of frozen precip this morning too... only a few - but definitely there. I didn't do the preps you did - hope it doesn't bite me.

Muffins sound delish!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
YES! 12 bottles of vino gets forgiveness (do you feel like the Pope?) :D

insulated coveralls. I was surprised that I didn't see any at Tractor Supply

I have insulated all in one "farmer suits" that are getting so, so old. Can't find them much anymore to buy. I bought a great Carhart on sale at TSC couple years ago (1 size too big - but it's a small!) at like 30% of orig. LOVE that it's so warm. No pants to buy then. So I pulled out some ski pants - had bought 2nd hand for GD to play in snow. she outgrew them. I love how light weight and yet very warm they are! Silky so things slide off (hay, etc). Consider a pair. I look at every 2nd hand I'm in -- maybe hard to find in TX :lol::lol:

HATE cold feet. Got a pair of boots at TSC --sale!-- that are Itasca and super, super warm....gloves are a problem for me, too! I buy several pair of the garden ones, light weight and like dipped in rubber(? nitrile) Cheap and throw away when damaged. Very flexible.

You know your system is so adjusted to TX that cold weather, really cold, your body can't adjust to. Plus, every time another B'day rolls by, seems to be even worse to tolerate. Our blood doesn't warm up or the thermostat is wacked out :D

Can't wait to hear what you buy yourself tomorrow.:caf