Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cowboy, Cowboy.... come on dude! That was a terrible idea. I do believe he'll be well behaved for a while now! Surgery sounds good, though he'll disagree with me lol.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Goodness, Cowboy, that was a dumb idea! I think getting him snipped would slow down this kind of behaviour somewhat, if not eliminate it completely.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Goodness, Cowboy, that was a dumb idea
Wasn't it though! He is a pretty aggressive guy and I'd hate to see what he would do if someone was afraid of him.... But, that aggressiveness with bobcats and keeping the pigs away from baby goats is a GOOD thing... I really don't want to totally change his personality - maybe I'll just let 'em snip ONE, lol!!

Had a major dental appointment today...:( I was in the chair for two hours - lost two teeth - had bone grafts and stitches and a whole bunch of hurt. I have a partial that's made like a "Invisalign" product and they took the two teeth that they extracted and put 'em in the partial so it looks like I haven't lost any teeth at all. Big problem is that I can't eat with it. That's not a problem at home but I will NOT be taking it out at work to eat... nobody is gonna see me without my teeth for sure! I can have liquids and stuff like yogurt while wearing it so I guess that'll be my lunch for awhile. They won't do the implants for 4 months! UGH. They've already made me another temporary partial that I can wear after a month or so when they take the sutures out. A MONTH to leave the sutures in seems a little excessive to me - but I'll just deal with it I guess...

And I guess I'll be skipping Thanksgiving dinner... :(

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ouch! There is no pain like teeth pain. Yours sounds like a real pain, inconvenience and annoyance.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
don't snip Cowboy......someday I'll get a pup out of SBC's Rita and I want Cowboy to be her Baby Daddy......:thumbsup

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Maybe, hopefully, the lesson you taught him will stick and he'll think twice about aiming that aggression at you again. That was really stupid of him.

Ouch on the teeth! :hugs Man, that sounds like a painful situation. Have you a smoothie maker of some sorts? Those are great liquid meals. A month for the sutures is too long... It doesn't sound right to me, but let's see how things go for you. x2 what tortoise said above?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:hugs I'm sorry you're dealing with this dental nightmare. How are you holding up emotionally?
You know... DH was laughing at me the other day cuz I said I was dreading the upcoming "amputation." He's like...what amputation? I'm losing body parts so it's an amputation, and I'm not happy about it. Looking at my mouth last night without the partial in was horrible...it made me cry.

The dentist (I love!) was training a new tech yesterday and I got to hear him explain everything to her about how the orthodontist from 45 years ago was entirely too aggressive and how that led to all the trauma in my mouth and how uncommon it is for so many teeth to be affected. She asked him how they code the bone grafts for insurance and he said it's considered a 'trauma induced facial bone deformity.' That was nice to hear... ugh.

The reason the sutures have to stay in for so long is because of the bone graft. They put the bone material up into the vacant area that the tooth came out of, they put a membrane over that to hold it all in place and then they suture the gums closed. They have to wait until enough healing takes place before they can remove any of the sutures or the membrane.

I have to wear this "healing" partial for awhile and if things heal well I can then switch to one that I can actually eat with. I can't eat with this one in. Needless to say I won't be going out to lunch with the girls for a few months! Nor will I be eating Thanksgiving dinner with my family. I'll sit and watch them eat...but I won't be taking this partial out in front of anyone.

I didn't expect this to be such an emotional experience - but it definitely is. Gotta buck up and deal with it. At least it's temporary and there's an end in sight. The worst is behind me now - so that's a good thing.

Last edited: